Recover password: "an error occured. please try again later"

Recover password: "an error occured. please try again later"

Francis Marsden
I created a linphone account on my mobile, without entering a password.
(And linphone never sent me one or said one had been created.)  In
recover password page, entered my cellphone number which is linked to my
account and it gave the error msg:  "an error occured. please try again
later."   In the past, I have been able to log into my account using the
cell number.   How to fix this?

Re: Recover password: "an error occured. please try again later"

Peio Rigaux

Hello.

Sorry for the belated answer.

You seems to have experienced a temporary issue with our recovery procedure...

Normally you should be able to login in the freesip page by recovering your password.

The verification code that Linphone sent to you by SMS isn't related to the "password of the account".

Actually, our Freesip service interface requires you to enter a password, even if you never needed one.

I will take this into account for the next update of the WEB interface.

Thanks for your interest in Linphone.

Peio Rigaux
Junior Software Engineer
Linphone.org

Le 22/10/2020 à 05:40, Francis Marsden a écrit :
I created a linphone account on my mobile, without entering a password. (And linphone never sent me one or said one had been created.)  In recover password page, entered my cellphone number which is linked to my account and it gave the error msg:  "an error occured. please try again later."   In the past, I have been able to log into my account using the cell number.   How to fix this?

0x99D28356FED78143.asc (3K) Download Attachment