Register account with the name from deleted account

Register account with the name from deleted account

A. S.
Hi everyone. I need help. I have recently deleted my account and now I want to recreate it again with the same username. Although, the UI said that my account was successfully deleted, when I try creating the new one, it says "this username already exists". Does it take some time the account to be removed completely and the username to be released? Could anyone suggest me what should I do in order to have the sip account with the same username?

Thank you,

Andrew

Re: Register account with the name from deleted account

Peio Rigaux

Hello.

I see you sent the email with an Android device.

I suppose that you use Linphone on an Android device too.

When you select "delete account" in the UI, the account is only deleted client-side (on the app), the account is still present on the server.

To use your account again, you just have to run the assistant from the side menu, and depending on your account, either select "use a Linphone account" or "use a SIP account".

You should then receive a code to authenticate.

Regards,

Peio Rigaux
Junior Software Engineer
Linphone.org

Le 07/01/2021 à 10:18, A. S. a écrit :
Hi everyone. I need help. I have recently deleted my account and now I want to recreate it again with the same username. Although, the UI said that my account was successfully deleted, when I try creating the new one, it says "this username already exists". Does it take some time the account to be removed completely and the username to be released? Could anyone suggest me what should I do in order to have the sip account with the same username?

Thank you,

Andrew

0x99D28356FED78143.asc (3K) Download Attachment