Release of weblogger.el and xml-rpc.el

Mark A. Hershberger

I've just set up downloads and made release announcements on Launchpad
for the latest versions of xml-rpc.el (1.6.8) and weblogger.el (1.4.4).

For xml-rpc.el:

    The latest version of of xml-rpc.el (1.6.8) has just been
    released. This release has been tested against Xemacs 21.4, Xemacs
    21.5 as well as Emacs 22 and Emacs 23. xml-rpc.el implements a
    Emacs-native XML-RPC client that is used by other libraries such as
    jira.el, lisppaste.el, weblogger.el, etc. and can be used to develop
    Emacs interfaces to other services that use XML-RPC as a protocol.

For weblogger.el:

    I'm pleased to announce the latest release of weblogger.el
    (1.4.4). This release includes adds the ability to update multiple
    weblogs at once and the ability to use a separate mode
    (e.g. nxml-mode) to write the content of the post.

    The latest release has been tested against both Xemacs and Emacs and
    multiple weblog services including Blogger.com, Wordpress and
    Wordpress.com, MovableType, and LiveJournal.

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/

The only alternative to Tradition is bad tradition.
                          — Jaraslov Pelikan

Re: Release of weblogger.el and xml-rpc.el

Leo Liu-5
On 2010-03-05 20:01 +0000, Mark A. Hershberger wrote:
>     The latest release has been tested against both Xemacs and Emacs and
>     multiple weblog services including Blogger.com, Wordpress and
>     Wordpress.com, MovableType, and LiveJournal.

I seem to recall that it is difficult to use it with blogger.com. How do
you do that?

Leo

puneet goel <[hidden email]> writes:

> Today I upgraded to the launchpad repository. With this version, I am
> not able to login. Seems either something is broken or some extra
> configuration is required which I am not aware of.

Could you open a bug at https://bugs.launchpad.net/weblogger-el ?

It may be help if you strip your weblogger-config-alist of passwords and
post it.

Another bit that may help is evaling (setq xml-rpc-debug 10) and then
trying again.  Check for any buffer names that start with “request-data”
and “response-data” and send them to me in private email after stripping
out any passwords.

Finally, it looks like you aren't subscribed to emacsweblogs and the
list rejects posts from non-subscribers.  Could you sign up?

Thanks,

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/

The only alternative to Tradition is bad tradition.
                          — Jaraslov Pelikan

Re: Release of weblogger.el and xml-rpc.el

puneet goel-3
> Could you open a bug at https://bugs.launchpad.net/weblogger-el ?

Hello Mark

  I was just about to wear my debuggers hat when I realized that this
is due to a small typo. I am pasting the corrected code, please
check-in into the repository. Note that it is just a misplaced
parenthesis that is causing the problem. You could also catch it if
you autoindent the function in the repository.

Thanks and Regards
- Puneet

(defun weblogger-select-configuration (&optional config)
  "Select a previously saved configuration."
  (interactive)
  (let* ((completion-ignore-case t)
         (name (or config
                   (if (= 1 (length weblogger-config-alist))
                       (caar weblogger-config-alist)
                     (completing-read
                      "Config Name: " weblogger-config-alist nil t)))))
    (weblogger-switch-configuration name)
    (weblogger-api-blogger-weblog-alist t)
    (weblogger-fetch-entries)))

Re: Release of weblogger.el and xml-rpc.el

Mark A. Hershberger
puneet goel <[hidden email]> writes:

>   I was just about to wear my debuggers hat when I realized that this
> is due to a small typo.

Doh!  Thanks for tracking this down.

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/

because of those who look on and do nothing.
                                            — Albert Einstein