Remove the latest accidentally created backup

Remove the latest accidentally created backup

Marcin Zajączkowski
Hi,

I accidentally run rdiff-backup without a FUSE partition mounted within
a directory which was backed up. Because of that I've got 5GB diff with
removed data. In the next backup as expected I got +5GB with "new"
(almost the same) files. I would like to remove/regress/revert the bad
backup and do it again.

Is there a way to remove the latest backup (instead of --remove-older-than)?

Marcin

Re: Remove the latest accidentally created backup

Dominic Raferd-3
Marcin:

Please look at my utility rdiff-backup-regress at
http://www.timedicer.co.uk/programs/help/rdiff-backup-regress.sh.php

In your case I think you need to run it with -n 2.

Regards, Dominic
http://www.timedicer.co.uk/

On 2014-12-29 05:53, Dominic Raferd wrote:
> Marcin:
>
> Please look at my utility rdiff-backup-regress at
> http://www.timedicer.co.uk/programs/help/rdiff-backup-regress.sh.php
>
> In your case I think you need to run it with -n 2.

Thanks Dominic, that exactly what I need.

Marcin