Renaming Users Question

Mark Johanson
Is it possible (I didn't see a specific way, but my google-fu has been off lately) to rename users nicks on myside of the screen only?

ie people tend to play with their nicknames from time to time and it really messes up the logs when you go looking for information you discussed with someone but they changed their nick at the time.

Thanks

Re: Renaming Users Question

Nils G
Am 18.05.2017 um 21:55 schrieb Mark Johanson:
> Is it possible (I didn't see a specific way, but my google-fu has been off lately) to rename users nicks on myside of the screen only?
> ie people tend to play with their nicknames from time to time and it really messes up the logs when you go looking for information you discussed with someone but they changed their nick at the time.
No. its not possible to "alias" a nick name to another name. nicks are maybe registered
(server side) and this could be also very difficult if you re-alias a "nick" to "nick_new"
and someone join with a registered name of "nick_new", how should the client handle this?

Re: Renaming Users Question

Mark Johanson
I figured as much was just hopeful thinking so I knew which employee I was talking to at times as they are allowed to change the nick for away time (breaks/lunchs) and while I think they should just use the away rather then a nick change, its not my call sadly.