Repository moved to Launchpad

Mark A. Hershberger

A few weeks ago, the maintainer of Emacsmirror, Jonas Bernoulli,
contacted me about including xml-rpc.el and weblogger.el into the
system.  (Emacsmirror is at http://www.emacsmirror.org/)

To do that, he requested that I split up xml-rpc.el and weblogger.el
into different repositories.  Since I've had more success with Launchpad
than Savannah when it comes to navigation, functionality, and support,
I've moved the bzr repository there.

I also took the chance to put mediawiki.el (which I also maintain) into
version control so that it could be included in the Emacsmirror.  In the
process, I included the font-lock and convenience functions from
wikipedia-mode.el (which has been relatively untouched for a few years).

In any case you can now get the latest version from EmacsWiki and use
the repository on Launchpad.  The relevant urls:

    http://launchpad.net/xml-rpc-el
    http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/xml-rpc.el

    http://launchpad.net/weblogger-el
    http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/weblogger.el

    http://launchpad.net/mediawiki-el
    http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/mediawiki.el

I hope to have the updated versions included in ELPA soon as well.

Thanks,

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/

The only alternative to Tradition is bad tradition.
                          — Jaraslov Pelikan

Re: Repository moved to Launchpad

Oleksandr Gavenko-2
On 2010.03.01 21:28, Mark A. Hershberger wrote:

> A few weeks ago, the maintainer of Emacsmirror, Jonas Bernoulli,
> contacted me about including xml-rpc.el and weblogger.el into the
> system.  (Emacsmirror is at http://www.emacsmirror.org/)

Emacsmirror as for me not good place for project hosting for
weblogger as:

  1. In any time http://www.emacsmirror.org can be go down
     as run by individual without community.

Many Emacs packages lose when author's home page goes gown.

> To do that, he requested that I split up xml-rpc.el and weblogger.el
> into different repositories.  Since I've had more success with Launchpad
> than Savannah when it comes to navigation, functionality, and support,
> I've moved the bzr repository there.

Public services such as Launchpad, Sourceforge, Google code are
better places for project hosting in case of service availability.
And many developers familiar with their functionality.

> I also took the chance to put mediawiki.el (which I also maintain) into
> version control so that it could be included in the Emacsmirror.  In the
> process, I included the font-lock and convenience functions from
> wikipedia-mode.el (which has been relatively untouched for a few years).
>
> In any case you can now get the latest version from EmacsWiki and use
> the repository on Launchpad.  The relevant urls:
>

>      http://launchpad.net/xml-rpc-el
>      http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/xml-rpc.el
>
>      http://launchpad.net/weblogger-el
>      http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/weblogger.el
>
>      http://launchpad.net/mediawiki-el
>      http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/mediawiki.el
>
> I hope to have the updated versions included in ELPA soon as well.
Nice!

Is there need to place last version of package to emacswiki?

May be better to put these links to

   http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WebloggerMode

Re: Re: Repository moved to Launchpad

Mark A. Hershberger
Oleksandr Gavenko <[hidden email]> writes:

> On 2010.03.01 21:28, Mark A. Hershberger wrote:
>>
>> A few weeks ago, the maintainer of Emacsmirror, Jonas Bernoulli,
>> contacted me about including xml-rpc.el and weblogger.el into the
>> system.  (Emacsmirror is at http://www.emacsmirror.org/)
>>
> Emacsmirror as for me not good place for project hosting for
> weblogger as:

FWIW, Emacsmirror is simply that, a mirror.  In fact, Jonas is using
Github to host the mirrors for the packages

It isn't clear to me yet *what* the goal of Emacsmirror is, but I can
see it developing, with the recent decision to include package.el in
core, into the best place to find new packages.

>> I hope to have the updated versions included in ELPA soon as well.
> Nice!
>
> Is there need to place last version of package to emacswiki?

I'm only putting it there because, well, I always have. ;)

But linking directly to launchpad would be better.

Mark.