Restriction on quantity of connections.

Александр Корков
Hi All,

How I can increase quantity of connections by one group of trusted programs?

It depends somehow on it?

#define NUM_SLOTS       25

I tried to change value of a variable, but unsuccessfully.

Linux version 2.6.18.4-486, Dazuko 2.3.3-1.

--

Alexander Korkov

Re: Restriction on quantity of connections.

John Ogness-2
Александр Корков wrote:
> How I can increase quantity of connections by one group of trusted programs?
>
> It depends somehow on it?
>
> #define NUM_SLOTS       25

Yes, Dazuko implements the list of registered (or trusted) processes
using an array. The size of this array is hard-coded (at 25). By
increasing this size, you will increase the number of allowed registered
(or trusted) processes per group.

An array was chosen to simplify concurrent access to the list and allow
for very small regions to be protected by locks.

If increasing this value is important for you application, I could add a
"configure" option that allows the value to be set dynamically. For example:

$ ./configure --procs-per-group=50

A design based on dynamic-length lists is in the works and should be
included in an upcoming 3.0 version.

John Ogness

--
John Ogness, Manager UNIX SW Development - Avira GmbH
Phone: +49 (0) 7542-500 500

Avira GmbH
Lindauer Str. 21, D-88069 Tettnang, Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 7542-500 0
Fax: +49 (0) 7542-525 10
Internet: http://www.avira.com

Chief Executive Officer: Tjark Auerbach
Corporate headquarter: Tettnang
Commercial register: Amtsgericht Ulm, HRB 630992

Nearly 90 percent of all mobile phones and Pocket PCs have no virus
protection! http://www.avira.com/protectyourphone

John Ogness wrote:

> Alexander Korkov wrote:
>
>> How I can increase quantity of connections by one group of trusted programs?
>>
>> It depends somehow on it?
>>
>> #define NUM_SLOTS       25
>>

> Yes, Dazuko implements the list of registered (or trusted) processes
> using an array. The size of this array is hard-coded (at 25). By
> increasing this size, you will increase the number of allowed registered
> (or trusted) processes per group.
>
> An array was chosen to simplify concurrent access to the list and allow
> for very small regions to be protected by locks.
>
> If increasing this value is important for you application, I could add a
> "configure" option that allows the value to be set dynamically. For example:
>
> $ ./configure --procs-per-group=50
>
> A design based on dynamic-length lists is in the works and should be
> included in an upcoming 3.0 version.
>
> John Ogness

Yes, the option for a configure is a good way for the Dazuko versions
less than 3.
It will allow me to not include patches in my application.
Thanks, I shall be grateful, if such option will be.

--
Alexander Korkov