SKS 1.0.9 on a Solaris 8 machine

Dahlke, Axel
Hello,

I am try to get SKS runnin on an old Solaris machine (Sparc),
but make fails while compiling the numerix package.

I've installed Berkeley-DB 4.1.25 and Ocaml 3.07pl2 without any
troubles.
Changed "number.ml" according to README (Non-x86 platforms):
module Nx = Numerix.Slong ===> module Nx = Numerix.Dlong

make gives the following messages:

ocamlopt -I lib -I bdb -ccopt -L/opt/ipas/gl/lib -ccopt -Lbdb -dtypes
-inline 40 unix.cmxa str.cmxa bdb.cmxa nums.cmxa numerix.cmxa
bigarray.cmxa cryptokit.cmxa  -c number.ml
File "number.ml", line 21, characters 12-25:
Unbound module Numerix.Dlong
make: *** [number.cmx] Error 2

Any help would be appreciated

==========================
Axel Dahlke
Germanischer Lloyd AG
Vorsetzen 35
20459 Hamburg
Germany
--------------------------
Mail: [hidden email]
 Tel: +49 40 361 49 418
 FAX: +49 40 361 49 7713

This e-mail and any attachment thereto may contain confidential information and/or information protected by intellectual property rights for the exclusive attention of the intended addressees named above. Any access of third parties to this e-mail is unauthorised. Any use of this e-mail by unintended recipients such as total or partial copying, distribution, disclosure etc. is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients the content of this e-mail is subject to the General Terms and Conditions of GL's Group of Companies applicable at the date of this e-mail.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either by telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any computer.

GL's Group of Companies does not warrant and/or guarantee that this message at the moment of receipt is authentic, correct and its communication free of errors, interruption etc.

AW: SKS 1.0.9 on a Solaris 8 machine

Dahlke, Axel
Nachricht
Hi Yaron,

Clong doesn't work either, but I have forgot to mention something. Maybe there is something wrong with my machine-configuration. I have no root-access, so I've installed
Berkely-DB and Ocaml (and gcc and make) in my own directories and added those to $PATH, $LIBPATH and $LD_LIBRARY_PATH. The first call to "make all" results in
the following error:

<make_error>
ocamlmktop -custom -o lib/ocaml/ocamlnumx nums.cma lib/ocaml/numerix.cmo lib/ocaml/numcount.cmo lib/ocaml/numcmp.cmo lib/ocaml/toplevelcfg.cmo -cclib -lmlnumx -cclib -lnums -ccopt -Llib/common
Undefined                       first referenced
 symbol                             in file
__lshrdi3                           lib/common/libmlnumx.a(gcd-d.o)
__ashldi3                           lib/common/libmlnumx.a(gcd-d.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to lib/ocaml/ocamlnumx
Error while building custom runtime system
</make_error>

Someone more familiar with Unix suggested to try "make all LIBS="-lsocket -lz -lpthread", which gets around this error, but, as mentioned, make still hangs compiling number.ml

Greetings Axel