SKS 1.1.1 Throws Fatal error: exception Not_found

SKS 1.1.1 Throws Fatal error: exception Not_found

Patrick R McDonald
All,

After several issues, I upgraded sks to the testing package (1.1.1).  I
rebuilt the database with the following commands:

# su debian-sks -
$ /usr/lib/sks/sks_build.sh

The script threw no errors and none appeared in a review of logs.
Build.log simply showed the opening of the log and the keyDB database.
Clean.log shows numerous merges and the merges completed successfully.
The pbuild.log shows the log, PTree database, dbs and KeyDB database
opening successfully.  The log showed 288,8913 hashes processed.

When starting sks from the init script, no errors are thrown and the
script appears to start correctly.  However, a netstat -an reveal
neither the hkp or recon ports startting and a pgrep shows no sks
processes.  When starting the daemon by hand, I receive the following
error:

Fatal error: exception Not_found

Changes to the log level does not produce any further information and
there is no db.log.  I am not sure where to check next.  Can someone
please point me in the right direction?

| Patrick R. McDonald                       GPG Key: 668AA5DF  |
| https://www.antagonism.org/         <[hidden email]> |
|                               <[hidden email]> |
|                         <[hidden email]> |

Re: SKS 1.1.1 Throws Fatal error: exception Not_found

John Clizbe-3

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 08:12:43AM -0600, John Clizbe wrote:
> debian-sks needs to own all the files it accesses: sockets, logs, KDB, PTree
>
> sudo chown -R debian-sks /var/{lib,log,run,spool}/sks
>
> If memory serves from the last debian user I helped with this, it's the sockets
> in /var/run/sks that are likely causing the problem.

I ran the above command with no change in the results.  I also did an ls
-alR of all the above directories to confirm the change.  I also
confirmed the debian-sks user is able to change directory to each one
and see all the files.

However, your suggestion led me to another idea.  I ran sks db through
strace and noticed it through the error immediately after reading the
sksconf file.  I reviewed the file and found I was missing a colon.
Added the colon and everything worked as planned.  So my thanks to you
for the idea.

I will be adding the keyservers who replied to me earlier to my
membership file now.