SKS 1.1.1 port for FreeBSD

John Marshall-2
I spent a while today putting together a patch for the FreeBSD
security/sks port to update the port to SKS 1.1.1.  The updated port
fetches the release tarball from the Google Code site.  I have tested
this on FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE/i386 and FreeBSD 8.0-RC1/i386.  Any testing
on other platforms (and corrections to the patch if necessary) would be
welcome.

<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=139098>

I've no idea how long it might be before this patch (or a similar one)
hits the FreeBSD ports tree but others of you who run SKS on FreeBSD
might be interested in making use of this.  I upgraded our public
keyserver about an hour ago.

--
John Marshall

Re: SKS 1.1.1 port for FreeBSD

Johan van Selst
John Marshall wrote:
> I spent a while today putting together a patch for the FreeBSD
> security/sks port to update the port to SKS 1.1.1.

Thanks for the update. I am the FreeBSD port maintainer, but managed to
forget this update. I'll be doing some more tests (including a Tinderbox
run on a 64-bits architecture). But as I have compiled this code before,
I don't expect any problems.

> I've no idea how long it might be before this patch (or a similar one)
> hits the FreeBSD ports tree but others

That should be some time later today.

Ciao,
Johan

Re: SKS 1.1.1 port for FreeBSD

John Marshall-2
On Thu, 24 Sep 2009, 08:36 +0200, Johan van Selst wrote:
> John Marshall wrote:
> > I've no idea how long it might be before this patch (or a similar one)
> > hits the FreeBSD ports tree but others
>
> That should be some time later today.

OK, so now the FreeBSD port of SKS is updated to 1.1.1.

Thank you Johan!

--
John Marshall