SKS Key Server

Proskurin Kirill-3
Hello all!

First of all - sorry for my english. :-)

What we have:
FreeBSD 6.2
SKS 1.0.9
gpg4win 1.1.3

Im install SKS from ports.
Im try to configure it but have no luck. Then im go to official home
page, try to read wiki doc, but... wiki server is down.
Im read man and Readme but it is don`t help me at all.

Then im type a "sks db" - it is say`s:
Fatal error: exception Failure("Failure while binding socket.  Probably
another socket bound to this address")

Im try to do this:
% sks db -debug
and
% sks db -debug -debuglevel *n*

and so....
Hm... im can say what im really don`t understand how make it work. :-(
And im don`t know were is im can get a doc to read.

Can any one help me?
Im will be greatful for any hint`s, man`s, doc, etc...

Re: SKS Key Server

Johan van Selst
Proskurin Kirill wrote:
> Im try to configure it but have no luck. Then im go to official home
> page, try to read wiki doc, but... wiki server is down.
> Im read man and Readme but it is don`t help me at all.

Yes, the documentation in the wiki was better than what you get
with the source. Try the web archive, http://tinyurl.com/3yjh4t

The most important step is downloading and installing a database dump
with current keys. There are several locations to find these, including
        ftp://ftp.pramberger.at/services/keyserver/keydump/
        ftp://ftp.prato.linux.it/pub/keyring/

Hope this helps.

Johan

Re: SKS Key Server

Proskurin Kirill-3
Johan van Selst пишет:

> Yes, the documentation in the wiki was better than what you get
> with the source. Try the web archive, http://tinyurl.com/3yjh4t
>
> The most important step is downloading and installing a database dump
> with current keys. There are several locations to find these, including
> ftp://ftp.pramberger.at/services/keyserver/keydump/
> ftp://ftp.prato.linux.it/pub/keyring/
>
> Hope this helps.
> Johan

And don`t know how to thank you, Johan!
Many thanks for respond.

--
Best regards,
Proskurin Kirill

Re: SKS Key Server

John Clizbe-3

Re: SKS Key Server

Jonathan Oxer-4
On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 13:00 -0500, John Clizbe wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is any chance of getting the Wiki pages rehosted?
> Getting the keydump was the easy part. The wiki docs were needed for the loading
> and configuration.

I'm just going through the process of setting up a keyserver myself and
found it quite painful trying to piece together bits of info from the
mailing list archives and various archived wiki pages. Because I was
building on Dapper the normal process failed for me (db-4.1 isn't
available on Ubuntu anymore) so I had to change a couple of minor things
but other than that things went smoothly - it was just trying to find
docs that was frustrating.

So mostly for my own future reference I've put some of the steps online
at

http://www.keysigning.org/sks/

Maybe it'll be useful for other people too. I haven't finished fleshing
it out yet but the main sequence is there, and I'd appreciate any
corrections from people who (unlike me) actually know what they're
doing.

Cheers   :-)
--
Jonathan Oxer
Ph +61 3 9723 9399

Re: SKS Key Server

Venkatesh Srinivas-2
On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 10:43:24AM +1100, Jonathan Oxer wrote:

>On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 13:00 -0500, John Clizbe wrote:
>> Does anyone know if there is any chance of getting the Wiki pages rehosted?
>> Getting the keydump was the easy part. The wiki docs were needed for the loading
>> and configuration.
>
>I'm just going through the process of setting up a keyserver myself and
>found it quite painful trying to piece together bits of info from the
>mailing list archives and various archived wiki pages. Because I was
>building on Dapper the normal process failed for me (db-4.1 isn't
>available on Ubuntu anymore) so I had to change a couple of minor things
>but other than that things went smoothly - it was just trying to find
>docs that was frustrating.
>
>So mostly for my own future reference I've put some of the steps online
>at
>
>http://www.keysigning.org/sks/
>
>Maybe it'll be useful for other people too. I haven't finished fleshing
>it out yet but the main sequence is there, and I'd appreciate any
>corrections from people who (unlike me) actually know what they're
>doing.

Hey,

We tried to set up a new wiki for sks at
http://pgp.acm.jhu.edu/sks/wiki.pl

There is very little content there right now, but I'm working on turning
my notes while setting up and running pgp.acm.jhu.edu into something
useful.

Hope this might help,
--
-vs

The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out.