SKS and containers

Jeremy T. Bouse
    I'm just curious if anyone has looked at running SKS within
containers using Docker? I've seen a couple images on the Docker hub
that appear to be based on Alpine Linux but was curious if anyone on
here had attempted.

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

Re: SKS and containers

Gunnar Wolf
Jeremy T. Bouse dijo [Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 02:29:12PM -0500]:
>     I'm just curious if anyone has looked at running SKS within
> containers using Docker? I've seen a couple images on the Docker hub
> that appear to be based on Alpine Linux but was curious if anyone on
> here had attempted.

Not using Docker, but using its main underlying technology — my server
has always been a Debian system under LXC. Why?

Re: SKS and containers

Jeremy T. Bouse
On 11/18/2016 8:09 PM, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Jeremy T. Bouse dijo [Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 02:29:12PM -0500]:
>>     I'm just curious if anyone has looked at running SKS within
>> containers using Docker? I've seen a couple images on the Docker hub
>> that appear to be based on Alpine Linux but was curious if anyone on
>> here had attempted.
> Not using Docker, but using its main underlying technology — my server
> has always been a Debian system under LXC. Why?
    I've actually been playing around with CoreOS and have a Docker
Swarm cluster... was considering moving my SKS server cluster to operate
on it and was trying to see if anyone had already been working on a
Docker image before I began to work out a Dockerfile along with my
docker-compose.yml file for the whole deployment.

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

Re: SKS and containers

Shengjing Zhu
Jeremy,

I run sks.ustclug.org, with docker.
The dockerfile is at https://github.com/zhsj/dockerfile/tree/master/sks
or on Docker Hub https://hub.docker.com/r/zhusj/sks/

There's no problem to run sks in docker. Just pay attention to the
container's ip for outgoing and incoming traffic which should meet the
need of sks.

Best Regards,
Shengjing