SKS caching by Apache/Varnish

Marcin Gondek

Hello All,

As far I have working SKS server little more than week i get the gap with no multitreading of SKS server.

So this is a good example how to fight with proper caching to little offload SKS instance and do caching how much is possible on any level,

I didn’t found any full docs about ths, so I’m trying to do it by myself with little hacking of SKS responses to force cache on Apache and/or Varnish level.

My working config notes currently without any comments are present below:

https://fido.e-utp.net/display/EUTPNET/SKS+Server+Caching

Maybe this will help other admins to cover more stability of SKS server, also I’m open for any suggestions/mistakes/comments.

I know that this solution is not perfect but work-in-progress and even now I see positive result of such configuration :-)

Marcin Gondek / Drixter

http://fido.e-utp.net/

AS56662

openpgp-digital-signature.asc (203 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: SKS caching by Apache/Varnish

stuff
nice work but this does not solve the problems with flooded certs, or any of the recent issues, just delays the obvious outcome

Might be worth thinking about the sks network being shutdown as it is not safe or reliable any more.
continuing to run them is nothing short of irresponsible.

yakamo