SKS compilation errors

Buckingham
Greetings list members (my first post, so be gentle),

I am having problems compiling SKS 1.1.1 on both OpenBSD and Sparc
Solaris 9. The following dependencies are installed on the OpenBSD system:

OCAML 3.11.1
Berkeley DB 4.6.21
gcc 4.2.4

All dependencies for the above packages are there and the environment
variables set. As everything was installed from the OpenBSD packages
archive they were pre-compiled, unfortunately SKS is not in the list.

The errors I receive are:
Makefile, line xx: Need an operator    (*replace xx with line no.
23,25,26,28,29,31,33,34,35,39,41,44 or 46)

Makefile.local, line xx: Need an operator    (*replace xx with line no.
6,7,8,9 or 10) *these are all export commands

Makefile, line 42: Need dependency operator
Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue.

Scouring the internet for FAQs on SKS compilation, I came up with
nothing that changed these errors. I have tried compilation under the
ksh and csh shells but get the same errors.

Please feel free to comment for compilation on OpenBSD(i386),
Solaris(Sparc or i386) or OSX(PPC), I have a few beefy machines I can
install this on.

Any help would be great,
CB

Re: SKS compilation errors

Johan van Selst
Buckingham wrote:
> I am having problems compiling SKS 1.1.1 on both OpenBSD and Sparc
> Solaris 9.

> The errors I receive are:
> Makefile, line xx: Need an operator

This is probably because you are using BSD make rather than GNU make.
Try building these sources with the 'gmake' command instead.

Regards,
Johan

Re: SKS compilation errors

Johan van Selst
It seems Chris isn't interested in help from us:

| Final-Recipient: rfc822; [hidden email]
| Action: failed
| Remote-MTA: dns; excalibur.csr.net
| Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.7.1 <relay04.stack.nl[131.155.140.107]>:
| Client host rejected: Sorry, mail from the Netherlands not allowed

Guess I will be ignoring future messages from this person.

Regards,
Johan

Re: SKS compilation errors

John Clizbe-3