SMS Reference ID on response

Rodrigo Montiel
Hi magicians!

Good afternoon everyone. Hope you are all fine.
I was testing last gnokii version and is really good, but I have a question not sure if can be implemented or not.

Does gnokii have a way of indentifying a response from a certain SMS sent? Let's say: I send SMS1 to userA from the same telephone, then SMS2 to userA again. But userA replies on SMS2 only.
Am I able to read a sort of identifier from GSM on that reply so as to assign it to SMS2 in my database?

Have no particular gnokii version, last one is really wonderful. Just asking if any possibilities of doing such a thing.

Thanks masters,

-Rod

Re: SMS Reference ID on response

Daniele Forsi-2

> Good afternoon everyone.

good evening ;-)

> Does gnokii have a way of indentifying a response from a certain SMS sent?

no, there is no such thing as a "reply" in the SMS standard except
maybe if the TP-Reply-Path (TP-RP) bit is set which means that you
will pay also for the answer, but I have no idea if it's actually
supported by operators and between operators and by phones, if it
works you see the answer coming from the SMSC you choose (if you have
a contract with it!), unless userA changed it or by chance his SIM is
using one of your SMSCs by default

libgnokii has incomplete code for handling that bit (you can set
reply_via_same_smsc in code to do your tests, if it works we can add a
proper command line)

--
Daniele Forsi