Seeking peers for keyserver.gnumail.de

sks

Seeking peers for keyserver.gnumail.de

sks

Hi,

I am looking for peers for a new SKS keyserver installation.

I am running SKS version 1.1.6, on keyserver.gnumail.de
It is a private machine.
The server is physically located in Germany (EU).
The machine has no IPv6 connectivity yet.

I have loaded a keydump from keys.niif.hu, dated 2018-10-15.
I see 5343746 keys loaded.

For operational issues, please contact me directly.

keyserver.gnumail.de 11370 # Greetings <[hidden email]>
0x848c05cece980284

Re: Seeking peers for keyserver.gnumail.de

Gabor Kiss
> I am looking for peers for a new SKS keyserver installation.
>
> I am running SKS version 1.1.6, on keyserver.gnumail.de
> It is a private machine.
> The server is physically located in Germany (EU).
> The machine has no IPv6 connectivity yet.
>
> I have loaded a keydump from keys.niif.hu, dated 2018-10-15.
> I see 5343746 keys loaded.
>
> For operational issues, please contact me directly.
>
> keyserver.gnumail.de 11370 # Greetings <[hidden email]>
> 0x848c05cece980284

Dear "Greetings",

If the reverse DNS does not lie you have a dynamic IP address.
May be this is not the best configuration to a key server.

Regards

Gabor

sks

Re: Seeking peers for keyserver.gnumail.de

sks
Hello Gabor,
you're right. It is a 'dynamic' IP.
But as long as I do not disconnect the modem, the IP stays the same.
The current IP is the second different IP within this year.

I also have a "real" server at OVH Roubaix (France), but I'm afraid,
it' much too slow.
I tried generating the database, but the process aborted after a
couple of hours.
Eventually, I get a new server next year.

Regards
Joerg

sks

Re: Seeking peers for keyserver.gnumail.de

sks

> I am looking for peers for a new SKS keyserver installation.
>
> I am running SKS version 1.1.6, on keyserver.gnumail.de
> It is a private machine.
> The server is physically located in Germany (EU).
> The machine has no IPv6 connectivity yet.
>
> I have loaded a keydump from keys.niif.hu, dated 2018-10-15.
> I see 5343746 keys loaded.
>
> For operational issues, please contact me directly.
>
> keyserver.gnumail.de 11370 # Greetings <address@hidden>
> 0x848c05cece980284

Hello again.

My server is now reachable over static IP.
It has also an IPv6 address now.

I'm still searching for peers!

keyserver.gnumail.de 11370

Regards