Seeking peers for keyserver.leg.uct.ac.za

Seeking peers for keyserver.leg.uct.ac.za

Stefano Rivera-11
I am looking for peers for a new SKS keyserver installation.

I am running SKS version 1.1.0 (will probably upgrade to 1.1.1 soon when
the machine is updated to Debian squeeze), on keyserver.leg.uct.ac.za.
We are a University LUG, that run a smallish mirror and other local
services. We have been around for more than 10 years, and I hope this
keyserver will have a long future ahead of it.

There is no IPv6 connectivity currently (our University IT department
isn't very forward-thinking).

The server is physically located in Cape Town (ZA).

I have loaded a keydump from key-server.de, dated 2010-10-15.
I see 2874254 keys loaded.

For operational issues, please contact our sysadmin address (of which I
am a recipient) or me directly:

keyserver.leg.uct.ac.za 11370 # [hidden email] or Stefano Rivera <[hidden email]> 0xCD92D072

Thank you,

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/

Re: Seeking peers for keyserver.leg.uct.ac.za

Javier Henderson-3

Re: Seeking peers for keyserver.leg.uct.ac.za

Sebastian Urbach
On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:37:45 +0200
Stefano Rivera <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

> keyserver.leg.uct.ac.za 11370 # [hidden email] or Stefano Rivera <[hidden email]> 0xCD92D072

Added, welcome to the list.r You can hack into your membership file:

key-server.de 11370 Sebastian Urbach <[hidden email]>

Located in good old germany :-)

--

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / yours sincerely

Sebastian Urbach

Added two requesters I've missed, any others?

Rayservers
Just added to keyserver.rayservers.com

keyserver.leg.uct.ac.za 11370

and (previous request I missed)

keys.stueve.us 11370

Please add:

keyserver.rayservers.com 11370 # [hidden email] 0x079CCE10

At the moment, the Rayservers keyserver status page reports the following peers
(thanks to those who wrote back to my original request)

keyserver.kjsl.com 11370
keyserver.layer42.net 11370
keys.nayr.net 11370
sks.5coluna.com 11370
ice.mudshark.org 11370
keyserver.oeg.com.au 11370
keyserver.gingerbear.net 11370
pgpkeys.mallos.nl 11370
sks.powdarrmonkey.net 11370
keyserver.ftbfs.org 11370
gpg.debian.unam.mx 11370
key-server.de 11370
keyserver.ccc-hanau.de 11370
keyserver.siccegge.de 11370
keyserver.leg.uct.ac.za 11370
keys.stueve.us 11370

If I've missed anyone, or anyone else wants to be added, just remind me, offline
email is fine.

And regarding spammers and the discussion regarding key dumps, just seed your
keyserver with some keys that are for non existent email addresses and add them
to OpenBSD spamd's spam trap. OpenBSD spamd + certain RBLs has solved our spam
problem to a very manageable level without any intrusive message inspection or
paranoia about publishing keys.

Spammer bots reading this, please add [hidden email]
mailto:[hidden email] to your lists. Thanks for the automation.

Best,

Ray
On 18/10/10 10:37, Stefano Rivera wrote:

> I am looking for peers for a new SKS keyserver installation.
>
> I am running SKS version 1.1.0 (will probably upgrade to 1.1.1 soon when
> the machine is updated to Debian squeeze), on keyserver.leg.uct.ac.za.
> We are a University LUG, that run a smallish mirror and other local
> services. We have been around for more than 10 years, and I hope this
> keyserver will have a long future ahead of it.
>
> There is no IPv6 connectivity currently (our University IT department
> isn't very forward-thinking).
>
> The server is physically located in Cape Town (ZA).
>
> I have loaded a keydump from key-server.de, dated 2010-10-15.
> I see 2874254 keys loaded.
>
> For operational issues, please contact our sysadmin address (of which I
> am a recipient) or me directly:
>
> keyserver.leg.uct.ac.za 11370 # [hidden email] or Stefano Rivera <[hidden email]> 0xCD92D072
>
> Thank you,
>
> SR

Rayservers http://www.rayservers.com/

Zurich: +41 43 5000 728
London: +44 20 30 02 74 72
Panama: +507 832 1846
San Francisco: +1 408 419 1978
USA Toll Free: +1 888 265 5009
10:00 - 24:00 GMT

We prefer to be paid in gold Globals™ and silver Isles™
Global Standard™ - Global Settlement Foundation
http://www.global-settlement.org/

Our PGP key
0x079CCE10 on http://keyserver.rayservers.com/