Several question

Jérôme Bardot
Hello,

I want to know how stable is the last version. I use dolibarr for one
company and one associations. (it will grow up)

I use ldap for user backend with a postgresql database. Will you provide
a .deb with option to choose database ? (maria vs pgsql)

For association Member & group Member is currently not working on my
server, it only want to use uuid but i use fusionforge and there is no
uuid for groups.

Other question, there is a way, to import or through the api the list of
modules which need to be activate and to setup the configuration.

Thx

J.

0x053A41EF03878A98.asc (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Several question

Sasa Ostrouska
Latest version is 9.0.0 but how stable it is depends on what you
should do with it. It is declared as stable release, but surely have
some
bugs. I use git to follow directly the branch and update always to the
latest after some time it has been released. Right now I am still on
8.0.x versions.

Rgds
Saxa

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 11:26 AM Bardot Jérôme <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I want to know how stable is the last version. I use dolibarr for one
> company and one associations. (it will grow up)
>
> I use ldap for user backend with a postgresql database. Will you provide
> a .deb with option to choose database ? (maria vs pgsql)
>
> For association Member & group Member is currently not working on my
> server, it only want to use uuid but i use fusionforge and there is no
> uuid for groups.
>
> Other question, there is a way, to import or through the api the list of
> modules which need to be activate and to setup the configuration.
>

> Thx
>
> J.

Re: Several question

Stéphane Rivière
Hi Jérôme,

> I want to know how stable is the last version. I use dolibarr for one
> company and one associations. (it will grow up)

I use it for dev purposes and in production too at the end of the month.
But your mileage may vary depending the modules used. Globally, I trust
this release.

> I use ldap for user backend with a postgresql database. Will you provide
> a .deb with option to choose database ? (maria vs pgsql)

Your answer here (searched for .deb dolibarr) :
https://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Dolibarr_for_Ubuntu_or_Debian

So, if the wiki is up to date, the answer is no. If you need a high
level and reliable database as Postgresql, you may consider using nginx
instead of apache and PHP 7.2/3 to achieve maximum performance.

By the way, I can give you a valid nginx setup for production. If you
planned to do xdebug sessions (for devlp around Dolibarr) I've tune the
right (and not obvious) nginx setup too...

> For association Member & group Member is currently not working on my
> server, it only want to use uuid but i use fusionforge and there is no
> uuid for groups.

I don't have the answer. If nobody else answer this very specific
question here, then the Dolibarr source code should be your friend.

> Other question, there is a way, to import or through the api the list of
> modules which need to be activate and to setup the configuration.

You wonder how to automate a Dolibarr setup ?

All the best,

Stéphane

Re: Several question

Jérôme Bardot
Hello,

First thx

Le 20/02/2019 à 13:43, Stéphane Rivière a écrit :
> Hi Jérôme,
>
>> I want to know how stable is the last version. I use dolibarr for one
>> company and one associations. (it will grow up)
>
> I use it for dev purposes and in production too at the end of the
> month. But your mileage may vary depending the modules used. Globally,
> I trust this release.

For some modules are quite important and not really add the industry
level needed (ldap). (i know it’s just a matter of time/money, it’s not
blaming here) I currently hope i will can dedicate a developper to that
task but i need more income before. Organisations need to have one
identification system and ldap is the good way, another point for me the
calendar module should only be a way to link data to a caldav server.
It’s look a better long term solution for me. The same for file and
contact.
>> I use ldap for user backend with a postgresql database. Will you provide
>> a .deb with option to choose database ? (maria vs pgsql)
>
> Your answer here (searched for .deb dolibarr) :
> https://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Dolibarr_for_Ubuntu_or_Debian
i know there is a .deb but last time i try it only support mysql if i
remember well (like you say it ). An example of code to achieve that is
in the old dotclear debian package.

> So, if the wiki is up to date, the answer is no. If you need a high
> level and reliable database as Postgresql, you may consider using
> nginx instead of apache and PHP 7.2/3 to achieve maximum performance.
>
> By the way, I can give you a valid nginx setup for production. If you
> planned to do xdebug sessions (for devlp around Dolibarr) I've tune
> the right (and not obvious) nginx setup too...

For version i follow repository version, i currently no have the
manpower to maintain several custom version.  i prefer by the way
improve debian/devuan packages it’s look like smarter for me.

Why nginx instead apache ? there is some benchmark ? The webserver is
not only use for dolibarr such move need to be thought and ask "lot" of
time. I also use itk mod. there is an alternative for nginx.

But you can provide me nginx conf files, for my testing server.

>> For association Member & group Member is currently not working on my
>> server, it only want to use uuid but i use fusionforge and there is no
>> uuid for groups.
>
> I don't have the answer. If nobody else answer this very specific
> question here, then the Dolibarr source code should be your friend.
I know that for why i ask, i need more time (like everybody i guess ^^ )

>> Other question, there is a way, to import or through the api the list of
>> modules which need to be activate and to setup the configuration.
>
> You wonder how to automate a Dolibarr setup ?

Yes, for dev and for production. My goal if i can it’s to provide
something like a saas solution in order to have income i can use for dev.
> All the best,
>
> Stéphane

Jerome

0x053A41EF03878A98.asc (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Several question

Stéphane Rivière
Hi Jérôme,

> For version i follow repository version, i currently no have the
> manpower to maintain several custom version.  i prefer by the way
> improve debian/devuan packages it’s look like smarter for me.

It's all about modularity. I'm a huge Debian/Xen user for our servers
but, to my taste, the standart server part (apache/nginx, php, mariadb,
etc...) should be installed a separate way and Dolibarr install is so
simple that a debian package can be looked as an overkill approach.

> Why nginx instead apache ?

Mainly because Nginx is far more faster, efficient, versatile and
secure. But GETA (Google Est Ton Ami / ou pas) to check theses assertions.

> there is some benchmark ? The webserver is
> not only use for dolibarr such move need to be thought and ask "lot" of
> time. I also use itk mod. there is an alternative for nginx.
>
> But you can provide me nginx conf files, for my testing server.

Here a working example, valid for xdebug sessions :)

Feel free to ask further to me.

Stef.

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# dolibarr.ro9
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# 20181206 - dev initial release with php7-fpm
# 20190213 - extended timeouts and settings to avoid PHPChrome 502
#
# Adjust line 68 depending your PHP version
#
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#--- Configuration

server {

         listen 80 ;
         server_name dolibarr.ro9;

         #--- Headers

         add_header X-Frame-Options DENY;
         add_header X-Content-Type-Options nosniff;

         #--- Main paths

         root             /srv/www/dolibarr.ro9/htdocs;
         access_log /var/log/nginx/dolibarr.ro9.access.log;
         error_log  /var/log/nginx/dolibarr.ro9.error.log;

         index index.php index.html index.htm;

         location / {
                 try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php;
         }

         #--- Cache static files

         location ~ \.(js|css|png|jpg|jpeg|gif|ico)$ {
           expires max;
           log_not_found off;
         }

         #--- Dolibarr compression, prefer web server Gzip compression
if possible (See below).

         location ~ \.jgz$ {
            add_header Content-Encoding gzip;
            gzip off;
            types { text/javascript jgz; }
         }

         #--- REST API support

         #location /api {
         #    if ( !-e $request_filename) {
         #        rewrite ^.* /api/index.php last;
         #    }
         #}

         #---

         location ~ [^/]\.php(/|$) {
             try_files $uri =404;
             fastcgi_index index.php;
             fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME
$document_root$fastcgi_script_name;

             fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock;
             include fastcgi_params;

             # Faster upload

             fastcgi_pass_request_body off;
             client_body_in_file_only clean;
             fastcgi_param  REQUEST_BODY_FILE $request_body_file;
             client_body_temp_path /dev/shm/client_body_temp;

             # Debug settings (don't forget to remove this in production)

             fastcgi_param MAIN_SHOW_TUNING_INFO true;

             fastcgi_intercept_errors on;

             # Theses two parameters below to avoid PHPChrome 502 errors
             fastcgi_buffers 64  64k;
             fastcgi_buffer_size 256k;

             fastcgi_busy_buffers_size 512k;
             fastcgi_temp_file_write_size 512k;

             fastcgi_send_timeout 300;
             fastcgi_connect_timeout 60;

             # Keep it sync with /etc/php/7.0/fpm/pool.d/www.conf
             # request_terminate_timeout = 18000
             fastcgi_read_timeout 18000; # Long xdebug sessions (5h)

         }

}