Siemens MC35i

Peter Øgaard Meyland

Hi list

I am currently working on a project that we will use to forward calls to the guard that are on work. I have crated a web frontend and now I'm working on a scheduler that wil direct incoming calls to the right phone.

As phone I am using Siemens MC35i, as a AT model

If I am looking at thw WiKi, the page about 'Dialling and call options', I can se that it is not possible to query the AT model for the forwarding number. Will that feature be implemted in the nearest future? Or is there another way to see the currently selected forwarding number?

TIA

Peter

Re: Siemens MC35i

Daniele Forsi-2

> If I am looking at thw WiKi, the page about 'Dialling and call options', I
> can se that it is not possible to query the AT model for the forwarding
> number.

you mean that you read a wiki page last modified 4 years ago that
refers to an old version of gnokii and you didn't test the latest
released version of gnokii or the version in git?

--
Daniele Forsi

Re: Siemens MC35i

Peter Øgaard Meyland

Citat af Daniele Forsi <[hidden email]>:

If I am looking at thw WiKi, the page about 'Dialling and call options', I
can se that it is not possible to query the AT model for the forwarding
number.

you mean that you read a wiki page last modified 4 years ago that
refers to an old version of gnokii and you didn't test the latest
released version of gnokii or the version in git?

--
Daniele Forsi

Yes, I can now see that the page is over 4 years old, my bad.

I am currently running version 0.6.31, since it is the latest version in Fedora repository and I have tried the "--divert --op query" command and it returns an this error:

GNOKII Version 0.6.31
Error: Function or connection type not supported by the phone or by the phone driver.

Hmm, could it be a problem with the terminal. I.e. an unsupported or missing function in the MC35i firmware??

regards,

Peter

Re: Siemens MC35i

Daniele Forsi-2

> Hmm, could it be a problem with the terminal. I.e. an unsupported or missing
> function in the MC35i firmware??

yes, that's most likely, change debug to on in your config (it is off
by default):

[logging]
# where to log the debug output (on: stderr, off: /dev/null)
debug = on

then repeat the command, it will show if the terminal doesn't know the
command or if libgnokii doesn't know how to handle the answer (and in
fact now I see that it still doen'st *parse* this answer, but you
should get a success without number as you noted, not a failure, if
the phone supports AT+CCFC)

according to the standard document GSM 02.30, call diversions are
handled optionally also as part of ATD with the same syntax you use on
a phone such as ATD**61*+1234567890*11*25#

[...]

Thank you for clearing thins out for me.

If I turn debug on I can see that the AT+CCFC command are unknow for the MC35i:

41 54 2b 43 43 46 43 3d 35 2c 32 0d             | AT+CCFC=5,2
write: [AT+CCFC=5,2<cr>]
Message received: 0x28 / 0x001d
05 00 04 2b 43 43 46 43 3d 35 2c 32 0d 0d 0a 2b |    +CCFC=5,2   +
43 4d 45 20 45 52 52 4f 52 3a 20 34 0d          | CME ERROR: 4
Received message type 28

I rest my case and I am sorry for the trouble. I think I will try with another (Nokia) cell phone

regards,

Peter