Simulate backup - create filelist

duplicity-talk mailing list
Hi there,

I was wondering, if there is an option to create the resulting filelist that duplicity will use, to check if the filelist I created is correct.
I know about the --dry-run option, that gives at least the size of the backup, but is there a way to simulate/show the content?
Bash command would be ok as well, if there is no option.

Thanks
Chris

Re: Simulate backup - create filelist

duplicity-talk mailing list
Hi,

I figured it out.
Combining --dry-run with --verbosity 5 gives a list of all included files. Hence simulating the backup in detail so you can check if the globbing filelist is correct.

Regards
Chris