Single email from multiple related content matches

Single email from multiple related content matches

kevins7189

I have a content match set up for instance

IF match “foo” within 1 cycle then alert (email).

But if “foo” matches 14 times in the same cycle, it sends 14 emails.  Is there a way to make it only send 1 email, either for the 1st (or last) match during that cycle, or 1 email with at 14 matches (preferred)?

Thanks!

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: Single email from multiple related content matches

martinp@tildeslash.com
Hi,

which Monit version it is? (monit -V)

The Monit 5.4 or later should send only one email if the pattern matches multiple times in one cycle, changelog excerpt:

--8<--
* The content match test now sends one event per cycle and pattern.
  Even if there are multiple lines matching the same pattern, only
  one event will be generated. Also the event rate is fixed now, so
  it is possible to require match for X cycles before generating the
  event.
--8<--

If you have different patterns/tests, then Monit will send one email per test. The emails can be aggregated for example using M/Monit, which can collect events from Monit agents and aggregate: https://mmonit.com

Best regards,
Martin

> On 8 Feb 2018, at 19:23, Kevin Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have a content match set up for instance
> IF match “foo” within 1 cycle then alert (email).
>
> But if “foo” matches 14 times in the same cycle, it sends 14 emails.  Is there a way to make it only send 1 email, either for the 1st (or last) match during that cycle, or 1 email with at 14 matches (preferred)?
>
> Thanks!

RE: Single email from multiple related content matches

kevins7189
I'm on 5.1, looks like I need to upgrade

The Monit 5.4 or later should send only one email if the pattern matches multiple times in one cycle, changelog excerpt:

--8<--
* The content match test now sends one event per cycle and pattern.
  Even if there are multiple lines matching the same pattern, only
  one event will be generated. Also the event rate is fixed now, so
  it is possible to require match for X cycles before generating the
  event.
--8<--

If you have different patterns/tests, then Monit will send one email per test. The emails can be aggregated for example using M/Monit, which can collect events from Monit agents and aggregate: https://mmonit.com

Best regards,
Martin

> On 8 Feb 2018, at 19:23, Kevin Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have a content match set up for instance IF match “foo” within 1
> cycle then alert (email).
>
> But if “foo” matches 14 times in the same cycle, it sends 14 emails.  Is there a way to make it only send 1 email, either for the 1st (or last) match during that cycle, or 1 email with at 14 matches (preferred)?
>
> Thanks!

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

RE: Single email from multiple related content matches

kevins7189
I want to set the global message, and a message with a custom format for 1 particular alert, to the same address.
How do I do that?