Size of backups

Steven Coutts
Hi all,

Recently installed duplicity, and I am backing up approx 64GB of data.

However, the size of the duplicity backup is 136GB!! Is this normal?

Regards

Re: Size of backups

Piotr Karbowski
On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Steven Coutts <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Recently installed duplicity, and I am backing up approx 64GB of data.
>
> However, the size of the duplicity backup is 136GB!! Is this normal?

du -sh /path-to-backups/*

something si wrong.

Re: Size of backups

Kenneth Loafman
Piotr Karbowski wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Steven Coutts <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Recently installed duplicity, and I am backing up approx 64GB of data.
>>
>> However, the size of the duplicity backup is 136GB!! Is this normal?
>

> du -sh /path-to-backups/*
>
> something si wrong.
Also, try 'duplicity list-current-files <target>'.  There may be
something there that you need to exclude.

...Ken