Slovak localization

becvalub
To Whom It May Concern:

I'm currently studing at CTU Prague and for my subjects I am supposed
to participate in existing open source project. I would like to
translate your game to my native language - Slovak. By this way I
would like to ask if my cooperation with you would be possible. I look
forward to hearing from you.

Best regards
Ľuboslava Bečvarová

Re: Slovak localization

M. T.
Welcome to enigma Ľuboslava!

Yes, we are pleased that you want to contribute to this project.
And Slovak is a language that is still missing in enigma. We have a fully translated file in Czech,
maybe you can have a look on it to get some hints in translating enigma.

My first question to you: Can you handle po files? If not, it's not a big Problem.
But the translated text is stored in po files and you can edit it with poedit.
If you want to have a look on these po files you can either have a look on Transiflex:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/enigma/
or the source code:
http://sourceforge.net/p/enigma-game/source/HEAD/tree/trunk/po/

The easiest way is to create an account on Transiflex, it's a graphical editor
for our po files. And you don't have to upload your work and contact someone.
But of course, you can download the pot file (the clean translation file) from the source code
and start editing it, either with poedit or an editor like notepad++. After it you can
send me you work.

So, you have to choose which way is more comfortable for you.
Have a look on these file and give me a feedback if you have still questions.

Thanks for you cooperation with enigma!

Best regards
Michi

> Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 13:03:37 +0100

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Enigma-devel] Slovak localization
>
> To Whom It May Concern:
>
> I'm currently studing at CTU Prague and for my subjects I am supposed
> to participate in existing open source project. I would like to
> translate your game to my native language - Slovak. By this way I
> would like to ask if my cooperation with you would be possible. I look
> forward to hearing from you.
>
> Best regards
> Ľuboslava Bečvarová

Re: Slovak localization

M. T.
Hi,
I have upload a small update to enigma https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/enigma/
If you still want to start a translation, pleas give me a sign.
You can look into the updated language file in the source code for further comments for the translation or for checking the fuzzy strings.
Here is the URL: http://sourceforge.net/p/enigma-game/source/HEAD/tree/trunk/po/

Big thanks for your translation!
Michi

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 16:47:45 +0100
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Slovak localization

Welcome to enigma Ľuboslava!

Yes, we are pleased that you want to contribute to this project.
And Slovak is a language that is still missing in enigma. We have a fully translated file in Czech,
maybe you can have a look on it to get some hints in translating enigma.

My first question to you: Can you handle po files? If not, it's not a big Problem.
But the translated text is stored in po files and you can edit it with poedit.
If you want to have a look on these po files you can either have a look on Transiflex:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/enigma/
or the source code:
http://sourceforge.net/p/enigma-game/source/HEAD/tree/trunk/po/

The easiest way is to create an account on Transiflex, it's a graphical editor
for our po files. And you don't have to upload your work and contact someone.
But of course, you can download the pot file (the clean translation file) from the source code
and start editing it, either with poedit or an editor like notepad++. After it you can
send me you work.

So, you have to choose which way is more comfortable for you.
Have a look on these file and give me a feedback if you have still questions.

Thanks for you cooperation with enigma!

Best regards
Michi

> Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 13:03:37 +0100

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Enigma-devel] Slovak localization
>
> To Whom It May Concern:
>
> I'm currently studing at CTU Prague and for my subjects I am supposed
> to participate in existing open source project. I would like to
> translate your game to my native language - Slovak. By this way I
> would like to ask if my cooperation with you would be possible. I look
> forward to hearing from you.
>
> Best regards
> Ľuboslava Bečvarová

Re: Slovak localization

M. T.

Hi,
one of the Finnish translator reported an issure in reordering of words in the translation file.
Can someone check this?

By the way I found that some user visible strings are made up like this (taken from trunk/src/server.cc at line 184):
std::string msg = _("Server Error: could not load level '")
+ levelPathString + "'\n"
+ err.what();

In this string using concatenation prevents reordering of words and localization of quotation marks. For example in a translation the level name (levelPathString) cannot be in the middle of the sentence. An example in Finnish:
Palvelinvirhe: tason ”%s” lataaminen epäonnistui
(roughly in English: Server Error: loading level '%s' failed)

It’s better to use sprintf, Boost Format or similar to format strings. Gettext manual has more information on this in chapter 4.3 Preparing Translatable Strings: http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/gettext.html#Preparing-Strings

Cheers,
Lasse

Re: Slovak localization

becvalub

thank you for your reply. Yes, I am still interested in the
translation. I cannot work with .po files yet, but I am working on it.
I will take a look at those links you sent me during this week, thank
you very much.

Best regards,
Ľuboslava

Android

Busser Alain
Hi everybody,

I just learned that there is an Android version of SDL, which allows to program in C++ instead of Java. So I guess it should be possible to habe an Enigma for Android. I am not shure it is easy to program it, but it could take advantage of the accelerometer, which helps to change the gravity force (I am thinking about some of the meditation levels).

Alain

Re: Android

shadowphrogg32642342@gmail.com

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.enigmagame.enigma