Some questions about Axiom

Erik Eidsvig
Hi! I love this program and has put a lot of time reading the tutorials and used it a lot in short time. However, I have run into some issues. I hope you have time to answer them:) I have tried a lot of commands on each questions to find out for myself, but to make the mail more easy to read I will only include my questions.

How do I find the n-root of a number?

How do I solve inequalites?

How do I find the angle in a scalar product? Degrees and radians.

Is it possible to find the logarithm with base 10, 2 and 3 etc?

How can I calculate easy logarithmic tasks like this: (I think I have read it in a tutorial, but I have searched and I can not find it)

If I know the x-value of the function, is it possible to make Axiom find the tangent in this point?

If I know the x-value of the function (vector) is it possible to make Axiom find the function of the line that stands normal on this point?

Is it possible to find the distance between the line and a point?

The lenght of a vector?

Permutations and combinations in probability nCr and NPr?

How can I rewrite a expression to with respect to a variable? For example v=H*r and to make axiom rewrite this as r=H/r?

And I guess lcm is defined for only 2 numbers and not 3?

I realize that this is a lot of questions, so it is completely okay if you answer each questions short. I have tried a lot on my own, but  need hints to understand the whole picture. I will also try to understand the coding of the programme afterwards:)It took me a short time to become natural with the programme, so thanks a lot!

Re: Some questions about Axiom

Ralf Hemmecke-4
Hi Erik,

I have not answered all questions, but look at

http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org/SandboxErik

Perhaps, it helps you a bit.

Note that AXIOM does not invent mathematics for you.
In any Computer algebra system, there are things that are implemented
and things that are not. Usually, if it takes too long to find the
appropriate function that does the job in hyperdoc or the online
documentation, just program the mathematical formulas yourself.

I can help with translating mathematics into the language that Axiom
understands, but your homework is to provide the mathematical formulas.

Ralf

PS: The answer to
"""Is it possible to find the distance between the line and a point?"""
is simply "yes". Axiom is not needed for this. ;-)