Special characters - Norwegian

Kenneth Pedersen - Delta IKT AS

I have some issues with the special Norwegian characters in SMSD.

Error message:

ucs2_encode/iconv: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character

The message shows up empty.

This works:

root@gw:/home/kenneth# echo "This is a test message øæå ØÆÅ" | gnokii --sendsms 97088833 --report GNOKII Version 0.6.31 Send succeeded with reference -1!

This does not work:

mysql> insert into outbox (number,text) values ('97088833', 'This is a test message øæå ØÆÅ');

Query OK, 1 row affected (0.01 sec)

(message empty)

root@gw:/home/kenneth# locale

LANG=en_US.UTF-8

LANGUAGE=en_US:en

LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_ALL=

Do you have any hints on this issue?

Best regards

Kenneth Pedersen

Re: Special characters - Norwegian

Daniele Forsi-2

> I have some issues with the special Norwegian characters in SMSD.
>

> Error message:
>
> ucs2_encode/iconv: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character

> LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"

chances are that smsd is not using the same encoding used when
creating your database or table (if you are running it from a system
account, the environment could be different from root's)

smsd has a --encoding command line option to set the client encoding

--
Daniele Forsi