Specific installation problems with the nufw

Specific installation problems with the nufw

"Michael Bühringer"
Dear Sir or Madam,

I'm a student of a German school for Computer Sciences (Berufsfachschule Roth).

All students in my class have a project to do. In my case I have to built a Linux-Firewall-Server for IPv6 and traffic logging, like the nufw or edenwall.

After some research I found two different installation instruction scripts which should help me to install nufw on a Debian system.

Although I followed the script step by step I failed.

I would be very grateful if you could help me with some technical support, or some good tips to install and configurate the nufw on a Debian system.

Here an example where I have a problem I can't solve myself:

                http://software.inl.fr/trac/wiki/nufw_install_debian

At first, where or how can I check my configuration for the kernel or chance it using NFQUEUE target?

When I get to “Installing nutcpc” I only get an error message when I do step “$ nutcpc -H <hostname> -U <username>”.

Another problem came up with the nulog, when I'm trying to copy the sample configuration file "# cp /usr/share/doc/nulog/nulog_apache.conf /etc/apache2/conf.d/nulog", because there is no directory with the file.

I look forward to receiving your reply soon.
Thank you in advance.

Yours faithfully, Michael Bühringer

Enc.
http://www.bs-roth.de/
--
Jetzt 1 Monat kostenlos! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a

Re: Specific installation problems with the nufw

Eric Leblond-3
Hi,

Michael Bühringer a écrit :
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I'm a student of a German school for Computer Sciences (Berufsfachschule Roth).
>
> All students in my class have a project to do. In my case I have to built a Linux-Firewall-Server for IPv6 and traffic logging, like the nufw or edenwall.

Nice project !

> After some research I found two different installation instruction scripts which should help me to install nufw on a Debian system.
>
> Although I followed the script step by step I failed.
>
> I would be very grateful if you could help me with some technical support, or some good tips to install and configurate the nufw on a Debian system.
>

> Here an example where I have a problem I can't solve myself:
>
> http://software.inl.fr/trac/wiki/nufw_install_debian
>
> At first, where or how can I check my configuration for the kernel or chance it using NFQUEUE target?

You need a kernel more recent than 2.6.13 to have NFQUEUE included.

To check if NFQUEUE is available, try to run:
        "iptables -A OUTPUT -j NFQUEUE --help"
If there is no error but an help message, you can use NFQUEUE.

> When I get to “Installing nutcpc” I only get an error message when I do step “$ nutcpc -H <hostname> -U <username>”.

Please provide the error, we can not guess it.

> Another problem came up with the nulog, when I'm trying to copy the sample configuration file "# cp /usr/share/doc/nulog/nulog_apache.conf /etc/apache2/conf.d/nulog", because there is no directory with the file.

Which version of nulog do you use ? What are you trying to do ?

BR,
--
Eric Leblond <[hidden email]>
INL: http://www.inl.fr/