Status Icons difficult to read

Donald Mickunas
I am using the current version of MX Linux with the xfce desktop.  I have happily used synaptic on various distros for years.  However, I am unable to easily discern what the icons mean in the status column on your display.  They are small, all are orange with only a small difference to indicate the status changes, which to my 64 year old eyes, is difficult to see.  If you wish to use Icons, how about using a combination that offers more contrast?  Larger icons would help too.  Someone also suggested that the issue is from switching from gtk2 to gtk3.  I wouldn't know but I do find the situation frustrating and would appreciate a solution soon.

Thanks for an awesome tool.

Don Mickunas