StumpWM doesn't work anymore

Pascal Diogo Antunes
Hi,
I use no display manager, and when I run startx (with stumpwm on),
stumpWM crashed.

http://paste.debian.net/14284/

The last thing I did was to install lxde, tested it, and purged it.
It was I did before the first fail of stumpwm. I don't know if it can
be this, but I only remember this.

I recompilated stumpwm, but still same problem.

Thanks.
Pascal Diogo Antunes.

- how can I record more information about stumpWM crashed on tty1.

--
"Quand la loi redevient celle de la jungle, c'est un honneur que d'être
déclaré hors la loi."- Hervé Bazin.

Re: StumpWM doesn't work anymore

'Mash (Thomas Herbert)
Does this provide any more info?

(setf stumpwm::*debug-level* 10)

Quoting Pascal Diogo Antunes <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
> I use no display manager, and when I run startx (with stumpwm on),
> stumpWM crashed.
>
> http://paste.debian.net/14284/
>
> The last thing I did was to install lxde, tested it, and purged it.
> It was I did before the first fail of stumpwm. I don't know if it can
> be this, but I only remember this.
>
> I recompilated stumpwm, but still same problem.
>
> Thanks.
> Pascal Diogo Antunes.
>
> - how can I record more information about stumpWM crashed on tty1.
>
> --
> "Quand la loi redevient celle de la jungle, c'est un honneur que d'être
> déclaré hors la loi."- Hervé Bazin.

Re: StumpWM doesn't work anymore

Serge Hooge
On Thu, 4 Jul 2013 11:00:38 +0200
Pascal Diogo Antunes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I use no display manager, and when I run startx (with stumpwm on),
> stumpWM crashed.
>
> http://paste.debian.net/14284/
>
> The last thing I did was to install lxde, tested it, and purged it.
> It was I did before the first fail of stumpwm. I don't know if it can
> be this, but I only remember this.

It's a longstanding bug.

Remove .Xauthority in your home directory and it should work.

--
Serge Hooge

Re: StumpWM doesn't work anymore

Pascal Diogo Antunes
On Thu, 4 Jul 2013 15:24:52 +0600
Serge Hooge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Jul 2013 11:00:38 +0200
> Pascal Diogo Antunes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I use no display manager, and when I run startx (with stumpwm on),
> > stumpWM crashed.
> >
> > http://paste.debian.net/14284/
> >
> > The last thing I did was to install lxde, tested it, and purged it.
> > It was I did before the first fail of stumpwm. I don't know if it can
> > be this, but I only remember this.
>
> It's a longstanding bug.
>
> Remove .Xauthority in your home directory and it should work.
>
> --
> Serge Hooge

Right. Thanks.

--
"Aimer quelqu'un qui vous aime aussi, c'est du narcissisme. Aimer
quelqu'un qui ne vous aime pas, ça, c'est l'amour."- Frédéric Beigbeder.