Support for MacOS - need testers

ewl+rdiffbackup
Hi,

anybody out there still interested in having rdiff-backup (next version)
supporting MacOS, and able to test the version currently available in
Git, master branch?

We're happy to support the first steps and fix or help fix issues
encountered, but MacOS X isn't exactly something we can simulate in a VM
for free, so we need someone to actually test on the real thing, create
issues and troubleshoot/fix them, and re-test them.

Thanks, Eric

PS: development versions of a backup tool are something that can empty
your dog, sleep with your fridge and kick your partner, be aware of what
you're signing up to.

Re: Support for MacOS - need testers

Andrew Foster
Hi

> On 19 Sep 2019, at 4:56 pm, [hidden email] wrote:
>

> anybody out there still interested in having rdiff-backup (next version) supporting MacOS, and able to test the version currently available in Git, master branch?

I'm happy to help with this. I believe there were some recent instructions written on the test procedures, can you refresh my memory as to where they are?

- Andy(null)

Re: Support for MacOS - need testers

Eric Lavarde
Hi Andy,

On 19/09/2019 09:20, Andrew Foster wrote:
> Hi
>
>> On 19 Sep 2019, at 4:56 pm, [hidden email] wrote:
>>

>> anybody out there still interested in having rdiff-backup (next version) supporting MacOS, and able to test the version currently available in Git, master branch?
>
> I'm happy to help with this. I believe there were some recent instructions written on the test procedures, can you refresh my memory as to where they are?

Good to read! Have a look at DEVELOP.adoc, it should get you started,
and if not, just ask. Feel free to extend the document with MacOS specifics.

Probably not the first thing to address, but I've ignored
testing/resourceforktest.py for now as I refreshed all the tests.

KR, Eric