Support for real time text

Henri Aalderink
Hello,

I am new here and i was wondering if Linphone supports real time text (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5194). Real time text is used as a communication channel for hearing impaired people and is selected default protocol for communication the emergency services within the EU for hearing impaired people.

Thanks in advance,

Henri

"Saving our planet, lifting people out of poverty, advancing economic growth…these are one and the same fight."
  — Ban Ki-moon, Eighth Secretary-General of the United Nations

Re: Support for real time text

Nicolas Michon

Hello,

Yes linphone supports real time text.

I don't know if any of the available linphone apps can use RTT messaging as-is, but if you intend to modify an app or use the linphone library, here is some documentation on how to create a chat room with RTT: https://linphone.org/snapshots/docs/liblinphone/multilang/guides/chatroom.html

Nicolas

On 9/11/19 11:10 AM, Henri Aalderink wrote:
Hello,

I am new here and i was wondering if Linphone supports real time text (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5194). Real time text is used as a communication channel for hearing impaired people and is selected default protocol for communication the emergency services within the EU for hearing impaired people.

Thanks in advance,

Henri

"Saving our planet, lifting people out of poverty, advancing economic growth…these are one and the same fight."
  — Ban Ki-moon, Eighth Secretary-General of the United Nations

Re: Support for real time text

Henri Aalderink
Thanks for the information I highly appreciate it. There is some interest to create some kind of communication application using rtt, though it has not reached any form or shape.

Are there initiatives of other readers that could be of interest to look at before creating something similar?

Thanx Henri

On Sep 11, 2019 16:54, Nicolas Michon <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Emmanuel BUU

Linphone itself not sure but the underlying SDK does support realtime text by supporting RFC 4103.

We are currently devvelopping an app for deaf and HoH based on it. It offers total conversation calling (audio/video/text).

Emmanuel

http://www.ives.fr/

Le 2019-09-11 à 11:10, Henri Aalderink a écrit :
Hello,

I am new here and i was wondering if Linphone supports real time text (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5194). Real time text is used as a communication channel for hearing impaired people and is selected default protocol for communication the emergency services within the EU for hearing impaired people.

Thanks in advance,

Henri

"Saving our planet, lifting people out of poverty, advancing economic growth…these are one and the same fight."
  — Ban Ki-moon, Eighth Secretary-General of the United Nations

Re: Support for real time text

Gunnar Hellstrom-2
Right, also we use the Linphone SDK support for real-time text in products and it works fine.

Regards
Gunnar Hellström
Omnitor

Re: constant harrassing calls

John White-3

Over the weekend I started getting constant calls from weird sip accounts. Very annoying. Every minute or two one comes in. Sometimes several incoming calls at same time. Answering does nothing. Examples:

1004 sip:1004@192.168.57.104:5060;

sip:9999910112418216177;

sip: 1000@192.168.1.161.1.161.5060

I have turned off emails from outside of US in diamondcard.us but that didn't help.

Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone have a possible solution?

John