Support for real time text

Henri Aalderink
Hello,

I am new here and i was wondering if Linphone supports real time text (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5194). Real time text is used as a communication channel for hearing impaired people and is selected default protocol for communication the emergency services within the EU for hearing impaired people.

Thanks in advance,

Henri

"Saving our planet, lifting people out of poverty, advancing economic growth…these are one and the same fight."
  — Ban Ki-moon, Eighth Secretary-General of the United Nations

Re: Support for real time text

Nicolas Michon

Hello,

Yes linphone supports real time text.

I don't know if any of the available linphone apps can use RTT messaging as-is, but if you intend to modify an app or use the linphone library, here is some documentation on how to create a chat room with RTT: https://linphone.org/snapshots/docs/liblinphone/multilang/guides/chatroom.html

Nicolas

On 9/11/19 11:10 AM, Henri Aalderink wrote:
Hello,

I am new here and i was wondering if Linphone supports real time text (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5194). Real time text is used as a communication channel for hearing impaired people and is selected default protocol for communication the emergency services within the EU for hearing impaired people.

Thanks in advance,

Henri

"Saving our planet, lifting people out of poverty, advancing economic growth…these are one and the same fight."
  — Ban Ki-moon, Eighth Secretary-General of the United Nations

Re: Support for real time text

Henri Aalderink
Thanks for the information I highly appreciate it. There is some interest to create some kind of communication application using rtt, though it has not reached any form or shape.

Are there initiatives of other readers that could be of interest to look at before creating something similar?

Thanx Henri

On Sep 11, 2019 16:54, Nicolas Michon <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Emmanuel BUU

Linphone itself not sure but the underlying SDK does support realtime text by supporting RFC 4103.

We are currently devvelopping an app for deaf and HoH based on it. It offers total conversation calling (audio/video/text).

Emmanuel

http://www.ives.fr/

Le 2019-09-11 à 11:10, Henri Aalderink a écrit :
Hello,

I am new here and i was wondering if Linphone supports real time text (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5194). Real time text is used as a communication channel for hearing impaired people and is selected default protocol for communication the emergency services within the EU for hearing impaired people.

Thanks in advance,

Henri

"Saving our planet, lifting people out of poverty, advancing economic growth…these are one and the same fight."
  — Ban Ki-moon, Eighth Secretary-General of the United Nations

Re: Support for real time text

Gunnar Hellstrom-2
Right, also we use the Linphone SDK support for real-time text in products and it works fine.

Regards
Gunnar Hellström
Omnitor

Re: constant harrassing calls

John White-3

Over the weekend I started getting constant calls from weird sip accounts. Very annoying. Every minute or two one comes in. Sometimes several incoming calls at same time. Answering does nothing. Examples:

1004 sip:1004@192.168.57.104:5060;

sip:9999910112418216177;

sip: 1000@192.168.1.161.1.161.5060

I have turned off emails from outside of US in diamondcard.us but that didn't help.

Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone have a possible solution?

John

On Friday, September 13, 2019 5:10:29 AM PDT Gunnar Hellström wrote:

> Right, also we use the Linphone SDK support for real-time text in products

> and it works fine.

> Regards

> Gunnar Hellström

> Omnitor

> ________________________________

> Från: Linphone-developers

> <linphone-developers-bounces+gunnar.hellstrom=[hidden email]> för

> Emmanuel BUU <[hidden email]> Skickat: den 12 september 2019 19:00

> Till: [hidden email] <[hidden email]>

> Ämne: Re: [Linphone-developers] Support for real time text

> Linphone itself not sure but the underlying SDK does support realtime text

> by supporting RFC 4103.

> We are currently devvelopping an app for deaf and HoH based on it. It offers

> total conversation calling (audio/video/text).

> Emmanuel

> http://www.ives.fr/

> Le 2019-09-11 à 11:10, Henri Aalderink a écrit :

> Hello,

> I am new here and i was wondering if Linphone supports real time text

> (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5194). Real time text is used as a

> communication channel for hearing impaired people and is selected default

> protocol for communication the emergency services within the EU for hearing

> impaired people.

> Thanks in advance,

> Henri

> "Saving our planet, lifting people out of poverty, advancing economic

> growth…these are one and the same fight." — Ban Ki-moon, Eighth

> Secretary-General of the United Nations

Re: constant harrassing calls

John White-3

Please hold off on this. A couple of hours ago, I unchecked "connect using system proxy settings" in kmail2 and the harrassing calls to linphone have stopped. Or at least I have not received one in a couple of hours. As I was receiving them every minute or two before unchecking that box in kmail I believe the problem has been solved and, as usual, the fundamental, basic problem, was yours truly (me).

Thanks again, sincerely, to everyone who wasted their time helping me.

John.

PS, on the off-chance that this did not fix the problem, I will post again.

On Monday, September 16, 2019 2:50:30 PM PDT John White wrote:

> Over the weekend I started getting constant calls from weird sip accounts.

> Very annoying. Every minute or two one comes in. Sometimes several incoming

> calls at same time. Answering does nothing. Examples:

> 1004 sip:1004@192.168.57.104:5060;

> sip:9999910112418216177;

> sip: 1000@192.168.1.161.1.161.5060

> I have turned off emails from outside of US in diamondcard.us but that

> didn't help.

> Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone have a possible solution?

> John

> On Friday, September 13, 2019 5:10:29 AM PDT Gunnar Hellström wrote:

> > Right, also we use the Linphone SDK support for real-time text in products

> > and it works fine.

> > Regards

> > Gunnar Hellström

> > Omnitor

> > ________________________________

> > Från: Linphone-developers

> > <linphone-developers-bounces+gunnar.hellstrom=[hidden email]> för

> > Emmanuel BUU <[hidden email]> Skickat: den 12 september 2019 19:00

> > Till: [hidden email] <[hidden email]>

> > Ämne: Re: [Linphone-developers] Support for real time text

> > Linphone itself not sure but the underlying SDK does support realtime text

> > by supporting RFC 4103.

> > We are currently devvelopping an app for deaf and HoH based on it. It

> > offers total conversation calling (audio/video/text).

> > Emmanuel

> > http://www.ives.fr/

> > Le 2019-09-11 à 11:10, Henri Aalderink a écrit :

> > Hello,

> > I am new here and i was wondering if Linphone supports real time text

> > (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5194). Real time text is used as a

> > communication channel for hearing impaired people and is selected default

> > protocol for communication the emergency services within the EU for

> > hearing

> > impaired people.

> > Thanks in advance,

> > Henri

> > "Saving our planet, lifting people out of poverty, advancing economic

> > growth…these are one and the same fight." — Ban Ki-moon, Eighth

> > Secretary-General of the United Nations

Re: constant harrassing calls

John White-3

I lied. It was just a 3 hour reprieve. Now I am again getting weird sip notices in linphone ever minute or two.

I have no clue how to stop this. Diamondcard.us says it does not see the messages, so apparently they are coming in directly from linphone.

John

On Wednesday, September 18, 2019 10:59:21 AM PDT John White wrote:

> [...]

> > > We are currently devvelopping an app for deaf and HoH based on it. It

> > > offers total conversation calling (audio/video/text).

> > > Emmanuel

> > > http://www.ives.fr/

> > > Le 2019-09-11 à 11:10, Henri Aalderink a écrit :

> > > Hello,

> > > I am new here and i was wondering if Linphone supports real time text

> > > (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5194). Real time text is used as a

> > > communication channel for hearing impaired people and is selected

> > > default

> > > protocol for communication the emergency services within the EU for

> > > hearing

> > > impaired people.

> > > Thanks in advance,

> > > Henri

> > > "Saving our planet, lifting people out of poverty, advancing economic

> > > growth…these are one and the same fight." — Ban Ki-moon, Eighth

Lars Holger Engelhard
Network protocols and ports -> use random port.
It did stop then. No idea if this was the very exact reason. my idea was: if they go for the default port in a DoS pattern, maybe that helps. Well, it did stop. And the test-call to sipgate.de (provider) still worked. Had no chance yet to verify in a real call.

Am 18.09.2019 um 22:35 schrieb John White:

> [...]

> > > We are currently devvelopping an app for deaf and HoH based on it. It

> > > offers total conversation calling (audio/video/text).

> > > Emmanuel

> > > http://www.ives.fr/

> > > Le 2019-09-11 à 11:10, Henri Aalderink a écrit :

> > > Hello,

> > > I am new here and i was wondering if Linphone supports real time text

> > > (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5194). Real time text is used as a

> > > communication channel for hearing impaired people and is selected

> > > default

> > > protocol for communication the emergency services within the EU for

> > > hearing

> > > impaired people.

> > > Thanks in advance,

> > > Henri

> > > "Saving our planet, lifting people out of poverty, advancing economic

> > > growth…these are one and the same fight." — Ban Ki-moon, Eighth

Thank you so much. I changed ports around, probably back to defaults (don't recall what they were) and the messages have stopped. At least for now. If they resume, I will repost.

Thanks again! I love linphone.

John

On Wednesday, September 18, 2019 1:41:54 PM PDT Lars Holger Engelhard wrote:

> Network protocols and ports -> use random port.

> It did stop then. No idea if this was the very exact reason. my idea

> was: if they go for the default port in a DoS pattern, maybe that helps.

> Well, it did stop. And the test-call to sipgate.de (provider) still

> worked. Had no chance yet to verify in a real call.

> Am 18.09.2019 um 22:35 schrieb John White:

> > I lied. It was just a 3 hour reprieve. Now I am again getting weird

> > sip notices in linphone ever minute or two.

> > I have no clue how to stop this. Diamondcard.us says it does not see

> > the messages, so apparently they are coming in directly from linphone.

> > John

> > On Wednesday, September 18, 2019 10:59:21 AM PDT John White wrote:

> > > Please hold off on this. A couple of hours ago, I unchecked "connect

> > using

> > > system proxy settings" in kmail2 and the harrassing calls to

> > linphone have

> > > stopped. Or at least I have not received one in a couple of hours. As I

> > > was receiving them every minute or two before unchecking that box in

> > kmail

> > > I believe the problem has been solved and, as usual, the

> > fundamental, basic

> > > problem, was yours truly (me).

> > > Thanks again, sincerely, to everyone who wasted their time helping me.

> > > John.

> > > PS, on the off-chance that this did not fix the problem, I will post

> > again.

> > accounts.

> > <linphone-developers-bounces+gunnar.hellstrom=[hidden email]> för

> > 2019 19:00

> > <[hidden email]>

> > realtime

> > it. It

> > text

> > economic

> > [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: constant harrassing calls

Lars Holger Engelhard
I do think default ports is fixed, random not.
Glad to see it helped you.

Best,
  Lars
MBA B.Eng. Lars Holger Engelhard