- There are two major fixes for bugs in the scoring logic:
- For US/VE stations runnin ARRLDX contest intra W/VE qso were counted
which was wrong. New code correctly scores these contacts with 0
points and does not count it as multi.
- If you running TLF in CQWW 2 TX mode QSO from other stations on LAN
would be counted wrong. Fixed.
Besides some internal improvements there are numerous changes and new
- Thanks to the work of W8BSD from TLF-1.3.1 on TLF could use the CT9
cty.dat files with full call sign exceptions (marked by =<call>).
As that version in meantime is widely available, I asked Jim Reiser
AD1C to provide the CT9 format as default cty.dat file format for
TLF. That change came in use in the beginning of 2020. If you use
TLF-1.3.0 or an older version you should look for the old format
file, which are still available.
- Jim informed further that he would like to switch his server in
next time to provide these files only via secured access. So please
use https://www.country-files.com to download actual cty.dat files.
- Zoli HA5CQZ did some work to make switch back from a grabbed station
much more easy. His work enables to just grab a needed station from
the bandmap while running CQ mode and to come back to your running
frequency and mode after it with only one key press. Read the details
on https://github.com/Tlf/tlf/pull/155 and the man page.
- If you have to correct your log file by deleting the last entry TLF
will now automatically reread your log - no need to request an
- We got a better (and more informational) display of partials and an
improved handling of WCY/WWV messages (both thanks to Zolis work).
- You can now use any editor for editing the log. If you do not set any
in the logcfg.dat TLF uses the one from the EDITOR environment
variable. Be aware that there may be some small problems when using a
graphical editor - if they go into the background when started you
have to reload the logfile after edit by hand.
- The ADIF write function supports now V3.10 of the specification.
- Thanks to numerous users there are new contest rules, multiplier
files and initial exchange lists for the OK/OM contest and CWOPS
Thanks to all contributors and testers.
For a more detailed discussion of the new features please read the
NEWS file and the man page.
As always reports about problems (or success) are welcome.
73 es gd DX, de Tom DL1JBE.
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea