Thanks for the great library

EUGENE CILOCI
Hi Per,

Just wanted to say thanks for this great project.  I'm using it to do the parsing for my expression evaluator library (http://www.codeplex.com/Flee).  Grammatica works great, is simple to use, and I've yet to hit a parser related bug.

The only thing that's not ideal is the parsing speed but this is a general parser so it's expected that it won't be as fast as a hand-coded one.  Let me know if you have any suggestions on how to improve it.

Thanks again.

Eugene

Re: Thanks for the great library

William Lahti
Seconded. Great work indeed!

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 6:42 PM, EUGENE CILOCI <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Per,

Just wanted to say thanks for this great project.  I'm using it to do the parsing for my expression evaluator library (http://www.codeplex.com/Flee).  Grammatica works great, is simple to use, and I've yet to hit a parser related bug.

The only thing that's not ideal is the parsing speed but this is a general parser so it's expected that it won't be as fast as a hand-coded one.  Let me know if you have any suggestions on how to improve it.

Thanks again.

Eugene

rezonant

long name: William Lahti
handle :: rezonant
freenode :: xfury
blog :: http://xfurious.blogspot.com/
site :: http://komodocorp.com/~wilahti

Re: Thanks for the great library

Per Cederberg
Thanks for the positive comments!

I've worked on the performance side of things in version 1.5, so the
tokenizer is now much improved in many cases. But there is now also
support for reusing the same parser for several input streams, which
will reduce the amount of processing required to analyze the grammar
itself (which is otherwise done once for each parsing session).

If you want to further improve the speed, I think the right place
might be to optimize your Analyzer subclass to avoid creating full
parse trees (if those are large). But such speed optimizations must be
done on a case-by-case basis depending on your needs.

Cheers,

/Per