Thanks

Kushal Dalal
Hi All

I have successfully cross-compiled linphone-1.1.0 for ARM board..OS-
Embedded Linux..
And it is working fine within LAN..
Thanks to all of u for ur support..
Specially to Simon..

Thanks again..

Cheers
Kushal

--
Kushal Dalal
Embedded Engineer

Disclaimer: This e-mail and any attachment is for authorized use by the intended recipients only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege of eInfochips Ltd. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly Prohibited from retaining, using, copying, altering or disclosing the contents of this message.

Re: Thanks

Simon Morlat
Hi,

I'm pleased to hear that you finally succeed !

Simon

Le Lundi 31 Octobre 2005 13:34, Kushal Dalal a écrit :

> Hi All
>
> I have successfully cross-compiled linphone-1.1.0 for ARM board..OS-
> Embedded Linux..
> And it is working fine within LAN..
> Thanks to all of u for ur support..
> Specially to Simon..
>
> Thanks again..
>
> Cheers
> Kushal

Re: Thanks

Benny-7
Dear Kushal,

Nice to hear the success news about linphone ported to an ARM board.
How u'r achieving audio. Whether it is thru' the codecs supported by
linphone and sound card or any other different configuration?

Has anyone used the Linphone as the user agent software on an
embedded(PPC) board and used a DSP for the voice codec operation and
directly connecting an analog telephone thru' a SLIC+PCM Codec instead
of the existing configuration of keyboard inputs and the also sound
card and the software voice codecs. We have cross compiled the
linphone for PPC and now in the identification of modifications needed
for our implementation.

Dear Simon,

We are targeting a ATA(Analog telephone adaptor) and planned to use
the open source Linphone for initiating and recieving VoIP calls by
registering to a VoIP Proxy server.

i) Whether Linphone is configurable for implementing for a direct
analog telephone connection(using DSP+PCM codec+SLIC)? (ie) input
thru' direct telephone keys and audio using a DSP+PCMCodec.

ii) Whether it has support for multiple channels (ie) simulaneous calls(ATA)?

Thanks & Regards,
Benny

On 11/7/05, Simon Morlat <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm pleased to hear that you finally succeed !
>
> Simon
>
> Le Lundi 31 Octobre 2005 13:34, Kushal Dalal a écrit:
> > Hi All
> >
> > I have successfully cross-compiled linphone-1.1.0 for ARM board..OS-
> > Embedded Linux..
> > And it is working fine within LAN..
> > Thanks to all of u for ur support..
> > Specially to Simon..
> >
> > Thanks again..
> >
> > Cheers
> > Kushal

Re: Thanks

Kushal Dalal
Hello Benny

Currently my embedded board does not have a sound card or a DSP..
So I am just done with SIP messaging..
I am working on sound support for my board..
or I may select a board with ARM processor(Embedded Linux)+DSP(dsp-bios)..
I will update my work to the group.

Regards
Kushal

Kushal Dalal
Embedded Engineer
eInfochips Limited.
Email: [hidden email]

Benny wrote:

>Dear Kushal,
>
>Nice to hear the success news about linphone ported to an ARM board.
>How u'r achieving audio. Whether it is thru' the codecs supported by
>linphone and sound card or any other different configuration?
>
>Has anyone used the Linphone as the user agent software on an
>embedded(PPC) board and used a DSP for the voice codec operation and
>directly connecting an analog telephone thru' a SLIC+PCM Codec instead
>of the existing configuration of keyboard inputs and the also sound
>card and the software voice codecs. We have cross compiled the
>linphone for PPC and now in the identification of modifications needed
>for our implementation.
>
>Dear Simon,
>
>We are targeting a ATA(Analog telephone adaptor) and planned to use
>the open source Linphone for initiating and recieving VoIP calls by
>registering to a VoIP Proxy server.
>
>i) Whether Linphone is configurable for implementing for a direct
>analog telephone connection(using DSP+PCM codec+SLIC)? (ie) input
>thru' direct telephone keys and audio using a DSP+PCMCodec.
>
>ii) Whether it has support for multiple channels (ie) simulaneous calls(ATA)?
>
>Thanks & Regards,
>Benny
>
>On 11/7/05, Simon Morlat <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm pleased to hear that you finally succeed !
>>
>>Simon
>>
>>Le Lundi 31 Octobre 2005 13:34, Kushal Dalal a ?crit:
>>

>>>Hi All
>>>
>>>I have successfully cross-compiled linphone-1.1.0 for ARM board..OS-
>>>Embedded Linux..
>>>And it is working fine within LAN..
>>>Thanks to all of u for ur support..
>>>Specially to Simon..
>>>
>>>Thanks again..
>>>
>>>Cheers
>>>Kushal

>Disclaimer: This e-mail and any attachment is for authorized use by the intended recipients only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege of eInfochips Ltd. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly Prohibited from retaining, using, copying, altering or disclosing the contents of this message.

Disclaimer: This e-mail and any attachment is for authorized use by the intended recipients only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege of eInfochips Ltd. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly Prohibited from retaining, using, copying, altering or disclosing the contents of this message.

Re: Thanks

Benny-7
Dear Kushal,

Thanks for your mail and the clarifications. So you should have
compiled with Speex codec support, am I right?

Coming to VoIP in general
i) if I am using an traditional analog telephone+ATA, how I can
achieve SIP calls(ie) address input, since SIP has a standard of
user@hostname for making calls.

ii) I am on a LAN, when making a call to the outside world how my
phone gets shown. For anyone from external network world to call me
whether a static IP is needed. I could establish within LAN.

Can anyone advice me of the network configuration.

Thanks & Regards,
Benny

On 11/8/05, Kushal Dalal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Benny
>
> Currently my embedded board does not have a sound card or a DSP..
> So I am just done with SIP messaging..
> I am working on sound support for my board..
> or I may select a board with ARM processor(Embedded Linux)+DSP(dsp-bios)..
> I will update my work to the group.
>
> Regards
> Kushal
>
> Kushal Dalal
> Embedded Engineer
> eInfochips Limited.
> Email: [hidden email]
>

> Benny wrote:
>
> >Dear Kushal,
> >
> >Nice to hear the success news about linphone ported to an ARM board.
> >How u'r achieving audio. Whether it is thru' the codecs supported by
> >linphone and sound card or any other different configuration?
> >
> >Has anyone used the Linphone as the user agent software on an
> >embedded(PPC) board and used a DSP for the voice codec operation and
> >directly connecting an analog telephone thru' a SLIC+PCM Codec instead
> >of the existing configuration of keyboard inputs and the also sound
> >card and the software voice codecs. We have cross compiled the
> >linphone for PPC and now in the identification of modifications needed
> >for our implementation.
> >
> >Dear Simon,
> >
> >We are targeting a ATA(Analog telephone adaptor) and planned to use
> >the open source Linphone for initiating and recieving VoIP calls by
> >registering to a VoIP Proxy server.
> >
> >i) Whether Linphone is configurable for implementing for a direct
> >analog telephone connection(using DSP+PCM codec+SLIC)? (ie) input
> >thru' direct telephone keys and audio using a DSP+PCMCodec.
> >
> >ii) Whether it has support for multiple channels (ie) simulaneous calls(ATA)?
> >
> >Thanks & Regards,
> >Benny
> >
> >On 11/7/05, Simon Morlat <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I'm pleased to hear that you finally succeed !
> >>
> >>Simon

Re: Thanks

Simon Morlat

> Dear Simon,
>
> We are targeting a ATA(Analog telephone adaptor) and planned to use
> the open source Linphone for initiating and recieving VoIP calls by
> registering to a VoIP Proxy server.
>
> i) Whether Linphone is configurable for implementing for a direct
> analog telephone connection(using DSP+PCM codec+SLIC)? (ie) input
> thru' direct telephone keys and audio using a DSP+PCMCodec.
You 'll probably have to modify mediastreamer/* files to adapt to your sound
device.
For interfacing , I suggest you to either modify linphonec.c, or implement
your own application just over the liblinphone api, as defined in
coreapi/linphonecore.h.
It is quite simple.

> ii) Whether it has support for multiple channels (ie) simulaneous
> calls(ATA)?
No. It's something difficult as you need to do mixing between the multiple
streams.