The next public release of FreeFont.

David Tamar-2
Hello, dear maintainers.

The last release of FreeFont was almost 8 years ago. Debian Sid is still using that version from 2012. I've tested the latest FreeSerif and FreeMono fonts from the repositories for almost a year, and they're far more complete and functional than the 2012 release. For example I couldn't use the 2012 FreeSerif version for mathematical typesetting in XeTeX (it just defaults to Latin Modern Math), but with the current FreeSerif I can. The mathematical symbols were updated and improved as well. Are there any future plans to release a new version of FreeFont in 2020?

Thank you.

-David

Re: The next public release of FreeFont.

Steve White-12
Hi David,

Yes we do plan to release in 2020.  We aren't adding anything more
before then, and I am very busy right now addressing some serious
problems in one range.  It is still a couple months out though.

If you like, I can give you a link to a recent build.  Let me know.