The state of peer connectivity

Skip Carter
Hi,

Following the loss of half my peers last week (thank you to all that
added me afterwards). I wondered just what the state of peer
connectivity was.  So I wrote an application to find out.

I started with the servers currently in the pool from
https://sks-keyservers.net/status/

Then queried each active server in turn with /pks/lookup?op=stats

I ended up with the attached diagram.

There were 34 active servers.  The average number of peers per server
is 12.  But there are a handful of servers with only 1 or 2 peers.  I
did not find any islands.
(I ignored the peers with RFC 1918 addresses and servers that did not
respond when I made the measurements).

--
Dr Everett (Skip) Carter   0xF29BF36844FB7922
[hidden email]

net.png (153K) Download Attachment

Re: The state of peer connectivity

Hendrik Visage

Which reminds me:

‘cause of various operational issues and the time it needed to attend to them lately, the following servers have been stopped and aren’t operational anymore:

Re: The state of peer connectivity

Andreas Puls
Hey Skip,

nice work.

I remember that another User wrote a JavaScript? and HTML where all
servers are listed with their peering. Unfortunately i can't find the
link anymore :(

Br
  Andreas

Am 20.12.2019 um 18:55 schrieb Skip Carter:

> Hi,
>
> Following the loss of half my peers last week (thank you to all that
> added me afterwards). I wondered just what the state of peer
> connectivity was.  So I wrote an application to find out.
>
> I started with the servers currently in the pool from
> https://sks-keyservers.net/status/
>
> Then queried each active server in turn with /pks/lookup?op=stats
>
> I ended up with the attached diagram.
>
> There were 34 active servers.  The average number of peers per server
> is 12.  But there are a handful of servers with only 1 or 2 peers.  I
> did not find any islands.
> (I ignored the peers with RFC 1918 addresses and servers that did not
> respond when I made the measurements).

Re: The state of peer connectivity

Andreas Puls
Happy New Year !

Am 31.12.2019 um 18:47 schrieb Todd Fleisher:
> Is this the one you are
> remembering: https://github.com/Timi7007/SKS-Keyserver-Gossip-Network-Graph ?

Yes! That's it. Thank you - i've set a bookmark now :)
> -T

Br
  Andreas