Towards a Semantic Language of Mathematics

Towards a Semantic Language of Mathematics

Tim Daly
http://blog.wolfram.com/2016/12/22/the-semantic-representation-of-pure-mathematics/

This was a workshop I just discovered. There is a video on that site that I
highly recommend. The page that links to the talks does not (yet?) exist
unfortunately.

Apparently Axiom is "on the path" by trying to combine symbolic math with proof
technology.

Tim

Re: Towards a Semantic Language of Mathematics

Raymond Rogers-3
This reminds me of my Real Analysis class: where I took too drawing Venn
diagrams on butcher paper to keep track of the subordinations and
properties.   A case where you wished the number of Theorems outnumbered
the number of Definitions:)  It did help me to keep the structures in
mind and I see no reason it couldn't be mathematically useful.
Ray

On 12/30/2016 12:29 PM, Tim Daly wrote:

> http://blog.wolfram.com/2016/12/22/the-semantic-representation-of-pure-mathematics/
>
> This was a workshop I just discovered. There is a video on that site that I
> highly recommend. The page that links to the talks does not (yet?) exist
> unfortunately.
>
> Apparently Axiom is "on the path" by trying to combine symbolic math with proof
> technology.
>
> Tim

Quote from the "Lessons of History" by Will and Ariel Durant--1968

… In England and the United States, in Denmark, Norway, and Sweden,
in Switzerland and Canada, democracy is today sounder than ever before.
  … If race or class war divides us into hostile camps,
changing political argument into blind hate, one side or the other
may overturn the hustings with the rule of the sword.
If our economy of freedom fails to distribute wealth
as ably as it has created it, the road to dictatorship will be
open to any man who can persuasively promise security to all;
and a martial government, under whatever charming phrases,
will engulf the democratic world.