Traffic volume

Andy Ruddock-2

Re: Traffic volume

Ryan Hunt-3

Re: Traffic volume

John Clizbe-3
Ryan Hunt wrote:

> Very little.
>
> Mine is pretty high traffic since I am in the subkeys.pgp.net pool, I
> see an average of 74MB a day from ~3200 hits.. Monthly totals are less
> than 3GB from 90k hits. Traffic is split 50/50 between USA and Germany.
>
> Saturday is by far the busiest day, averaging ~120MB a day from ~5k hits
>
> Ive got some pretty detailed stats since Ive been online, these numbers
> been pretty stable for a while now.
I agree with Ryan.  I don't really notice it, even with a lot of recon partners.

The heaviest traffic will be when you first start db_recon and catch up with the
network.

Feel free to add keyserver.gingerbear.net:11370

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or

A:"An odd melody / island voices on the winds / surplus of vowels"

Re: Traffic volume

Andy Ruddock-2

Re: Traffic volume

Kristian Fiskerstrand-4

Andy Ruddock wrote, On 02/01/2009 02:19 PM:

> John Clizbe wrote:
>> Ryan Hunt wrote:
>>> Very little.
>>>
>>> Mine is pretty high traffic since I am in the subkeys.pgp.net pool, I
>>> see an average of 74MB a day from ~3200 hits.. Monthly totals are less
>>> than 3GB from 90k hits. Traffic is split 50/50 between USA and Germany.
>>>
>>> Saturday is by far the busiest day, averaging ~120MB a day from ~5k hits
>>>
>>> Ive got some pretty detailed stats since Ive been online, these numbers
>>> been pretty stable for a while now.
>> I agree with Ryan.  I don't really notice it, even with a lot of recon partners.
>
>> The heaviest traffic will be when you first start db_recon and catch up with the
>> network.
>
>> Feel free to add keyserver.gingerbear.net:11370
>

> Great, thanks. I've done that. I suppose it would be best to partner
> with others in my geographical region.
> In which case I'd like to invite partnership from anybody in the
> vicinity of Norway.

be my guest and throw in keys.kfwebs.net on 11370 , thats located in
Ă…lesund, Norway.

I'm also contemplating bringing back up keys2 (Oslo, Norway), but no
immidiate plans to do so as long as the number of keyservers is at a
decent level, was slightly worse when it was first brought up :)

- --
- ----------------------------
Kristian Fiskerstrand
http://www.kfwebs.net
- ----------------------------
Donec eris sospes, multos numerabis amicos.
Tempora si fuerint nubila, solus eris.
As long as you are wealthy,you will have many friends.
When the tough times come, you will be left alone
- ----------------------------
http://www.secure-my-email.com
http://www.secure-my-internet.com

Re: Traffic volume

Kristian Fiskerstrand-4

Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote, On 02/01/2009 02:54 PM:

> Andy Ruddock wrote, On 02/01/2009 02:19 PM:
>> John Clizbe wrote:

>>> I agree with Ryan.  I don't really notice it, even with a lot of recon partners.
>>> The heaviest traffic will be when you first start db_recon and catch up with the
>>> network.
>>> Feel free to add keyserver.gingerbear.net:11370
>
>> Great, thanks. I've done that. I suppose it would be best to partner
>> with others in my geographical region.
>> In which case I'd like to invite partnership from anybody in the
>> vicinity of Norway.
>

> be my guest and throw in keys.kfwebs.net on 11370 , thats located in
> Ă…lesund, Norway.
>
> I'm also contemplating bringing back up keys2 (Oslo, Norway), but no
> immidiate plans to do so as long as the number of keyservers is at a
> decent level, was slightly worse when it was first brought up :)

Actually I just brought up the Oslo server as well, in order to increase
the IPv6 pool... so feel free to add that as well :) ( keys2.kfwebs.net
on 11370 )
- --
Kristian Fiskerstrand
http://www.kfwebs.net