Translation question

Fòram na Gàidhlig
Level: Gods of Enigma
String: You have proven your worth! The ancients grant you a SPRING!

Is that a spring as in water or a spring as in a piece of metal?

Re: Translation question

Ludmian Sedai
Hi,

It's spring as in a piece of metal.

Best regards,
Ludmian

> Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 18:07:35 +0100

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Enigma-devel] Translation question
>
> Level: Gods of Enigma
> String: You have proven your worth! The ancients grant you a SPRING!
>
> Is that a spring as in water or a spring as in a piece of metal?

Re: Translation question

Fòram na Gàidhlig
Thanks!

I have another one:

Marblics and Pearlics I

This is obviously a pun on something, but I don't get it.

04/07/2014 18:42, sgrìobh Ludmian Sedai:

> Hi,
>
> It's spring as in a piece of metal.
>
> Best regards,
> Ludmian
>
>> Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 18:07:35 +0100
>> From: [hidden email]
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: [Enigma-devel] Translation question
>>
>> Level: Gods of Enigma
>> String: You have proven your worth! The ancients grant you a SPRING!
>>
>> Is that a spring as in water or a spring as in a piece of metal?

Re : Re: Translation question

Busser Alain

> This is obviously a pun on something, but I don't get it.

It is inspired by "Asterix and Obelix", a french comics about two celts; is has been translated in many languages.

> 04/07/2014 18:42, sgrìobh Ludmian Sedai:
> > Hi,
> >
> > It's spring as in a piece of metal.

I thought it was the season ;-)

Alain

> > Best regards,
> > Ludmian
> >
> >> Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 18:07:35 +0100
> >> From: [hidden email]
> >> To: [hidden email]
> >> Subject: [Enigma-devel] Translation question
> >>
> >> Level: Gods of Enigma
> >> String: You have proven your worth! The ancients grant you a SPRING!
> >>
> >> Is that a spring as in water or a spring as in a piece of metal?

Re: Re : Re: Translation question

Fòram na Gàidhlig
>> Thanks!
>>
>> I have another one:
>>
>> Marblics and Pearlics I
>>
>> This is obviously a pun on something, but I don't get it.
>

> It is inspired by "Asterix and Obelix", a french comics about two celts; is has been translated in many languages.

I know that comic, but the reference is very obscure because of the
spelling. Maybe Marblix and Pearlix I would be more obvious?

>> 04/07/2014 18:42, sgrìobh Ludmian Sedai:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It's spring as in a piece of metal.
>
> I thought it was the season ;-)

English is so much fun *lol

Re: Re : Re: Translation question

shadowphrogg32642342@gmail.com

Marblix & Pearlix +1

On Jul 7, 2014 4:09 PM, "Fòram na Gàidhlig" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks!
>>
>> I have another one:
>>
>> Marblics and Pearlics I
>>
>> This is obviously a pun on something, but I don't get it.
>

> It is inspired by "Asterix and Obelix", a french comics about two celts; is has been translated in many languages.

I know that comic, but the reference is very obscure because of the
spelling. Maybe Marblix and Pearlix I would be more obvious?

>> 04/07/2014 18:42, sgrìobh Ludmian Sedai:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It's spring as in a piece of metal.
>
> I thought it was the season ;-)

English is so much fun *lol