Trouble with install

Christopher Mootoo

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble getting SKS to install on a CentOS 5 box. I previously had PKS on here as a test but decided to go with SKS before putting it into production.

The dependencies are already installed, Ocaml and BerkeleyDB are there. The problem arises when I get to the make install part of sks. I get the following error:

[root@keyserver sks-1.0.10]# make install
mkdir -p /usr/local/bin
install sks_build.sh sks sks_add_mail /usr/local/bin
install: cannot stat `sks': No such file or directory
install: cannot stat `sks_add_mail': No such file or directory
make: *** [install] Error 1

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has a link to a more complete set of install instructions I would greatly appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Chris Mootoo

This message may contain confidential and privileged information.  If you are not the addressee (or authorized recipient), you may not use, copy, or disclose this message or any information contained herein.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you.

Re: Trouble with install

User1001
Christopher Mootoo wrote:

> I'm having a bit of trouble getting SKS to install on a CentOS 5 box. I
> previously had PKS on here as a test but decided to go with SKS before
> putting it into production.
>
> The dependencies are already installed, Ocaml and BerkeleyDB are there.
> The problem arises when I get to the make install part of sks. I get the
> following error:
>
> [root@keyserver sks-1.0.10]# make install
> mkdir -p /usr/local/bin
> install sks_build.sh sks sks_add_mail /usr/local/bin
> install: cannot stat `sks': No such file or directory
> install: cannot stat `sks_add_mail': No such file or directory
> make: *** [install] Error 1

This looks like an incompatability problem with the Makefile, the make shell,
and/or the install command. First - check your system documentation on "install"
and verify the proper syntax versus what is being used in the Makefile. Second,
check that you have one and only one "install" script/executable on your system,
or if more than one - check that "install" gets set properly in the Makefile for
the proper system "install" command. Third if BASH is being used in any of the
scripts, then they may not be compatible with whatever script/environment that
you are using during the "make install" (eg; I have seen a number of Bash-based
install scripts that go haywire in environments that don't match the apparent
development environment; not just because of differences between bash and sh,
but other system/environment differences that make their way into such scripts,
such as incorrect "install" command syntax).