Trying to add the ARI-DX contest to TLF

Koos van den Hout PE4KH

Next weekend is the ARI DX contest
http://www.ari.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5167%3Aari-international-dx-contest-2018&catid=250%3Aari-international&Itemid=270&lang=en

I'm trying to add it to tlf (always with the last minute work) and although
I think I'm getting quite far it's not working perfect. When I test I can't
get exchanges accepted.

I created a rules file (rules/ari_dx) and a multipliers file
(share/arimults). Quoted below.

When I enter an italian call and one of the province abbreviations, the
cursor returns to the exchange field. Entering it a second time makes it
end up in the log, but not counted as a multiplier.

When I enter a dx call and a number, the cursor also returns to the
exchange field, entering the number a second time will make the qso
accepted but not log the number.

So somehow the exchange isn't seen correctly.

And the counting of multipliers is not correct yet: I enter an italian call
with a province from the listing and it's not showing as a multiplier. New
countries (other than italy) are counted correctly.

This is the first time I try to use tlf seriously so maybe adding a new
contest is a big leap, but I hope to get this working.

Points scoring is correct, so that is working.

my rules/ari_dx file:
# ARI contest for stations outside Italy #
# based on PACC rules by PA0R            #
#        PE4KH, 2018-05-04               #
#
CONTEST=ari_dx
LOGFILE=aridx.log
CONTEST_MODE
CABRILLO=UNIVERSAL
#################################
# multiplier rules
# 7. each Italian province (110) count 1 (one) multiplier, each DXCC country
# (except I & IS0 & IT9) count 1 (one) multiplier.
# The same multiplier (country/province) can be counted once and only once
# for each band.
# PLEASE REMEMBER that I (Italy) IT9 (Sicily Island) and IS0 (Sardinia Island)
# are NOT country-multipliers
#COUNTRY_MULT
# all forms of italy
MULT_LIST=arimults
COUNTRYLIST=It:I,IS0,IT9
EXCLUDE_MULTILIST=COUNTRYLIST
# all italian provinces
#SECTION_MULT
DX_&_SECTIONS
# scoring:
# 8. QSO/Points:
# QSO/HRD with own country counts 0 (zero) point but is good for the
# multipliers credit.
MY_COUNTRY_POINTS=0
# QSO/HRD with own continent counts 1 (one) point,
MY_CONTINENT_POINTS=1
# QSO/HRD with different continent counts 3 (three) points,
DX_POINTS=3
# QSO/HRD with any Italian (I & IS0 & IT9) station counts 10 (ten) points.
COUNTRY_LIST_POINTS=10
RECALL_MULTS
SERIAL_OR_SECTION
LOGFREQUENCY
NOB4
#
##################################
#                                #
#  Messages F1= to F12=          #
#  Message CQ_TU_MSG=            #
#  Message S&P_TU_MSG=           #
#                                #
#  % = call                      #
#  @ = hiscall                   #
#  # = serial                    #
#  [ = RST                       #
#  + = increase cw speed         #
#  - = decrease cw speed         #
#                                #
##################################
#
F1=CQ ARI DE % TEST
F2=@ DE %
F3=@ ++5NN--#
F4=TU 73
F5= @
F6=%
F7=@ SRI QSO B4 GL
F8=AGN
F9= ?
F10= QRZ?
F11= PSE K
F12=++++TEST---- % %
#
CQ_TU_MSG=TU %
S&P_TU_MSG=TU 5NN #
#
#ALT_0=
#ALT_1=
#ALT_2=
#ALT_3=
#ALT_4=
#ALT_5=
#ALT_6=
#ALT_7=
#ALT_8=
#ALT_9=
#
####### END #####################
And my share/arimults file:
AL
AT
BI
CN
GE
IM
NO
SP
SV
VB
VC
AO
BG
BS
CO
CR
LC
LO
MB
MI
MN
PV
SO
VA
BL
PD
RO
TV
VE
VI
VR
BZ
TN
GO
PN
TS
UD
BO
FC
FE
MO
PC
PR
RA
RE
RN
AR
FI
GR
LI
LU
MS
PI
PO
PT
SI
AN
AP
AQ
CH
FM
MC
PE
PS
PU
TE
BA
BR
BT
FG
LE
MT
TA
AV
BN
CB
CE
CS
CZ
IS
KR
NA
PZ
RC
SA
VV
FR
LT
PG
RI
RM
ROMA
TR
VT
AG
CL
CT
EN
ME
PA
RG
SR
TP
CA
NU
SS
SU
-end-

Re: Trying to add the ARI-DX contest to TLF

Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Hi Koos,

On Fri, May 04, 2018 at 11:12:14AM +0200, Koos van den Hout PE4KH wrote:

> Next weekend is the ARI DX contest
> http://www.ari.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5167%3Aari-international-dx-contest-2018&catid=250%3Aari-international&Itemid=270&lang=en

[...]

> # all forms of italy
> MULT_LIST=arimults
> COUNTRYLIST=It:I,IS0,IT9
> EXCLUDE_MULTILIST=COUNTRYLIST

the EXCLUDE_MULTILIST will exclude the argument list from
multipliers, don't use it.

> #SECTION_MULT
> DX_&_SECTIONS

after a quick look, I'm afraid the DX_&_SECTIONS is a right
choose, but it works only in some special cases, eg. you're from
W/VE country. Sorry.

Anyway, I've tested your config, and only the first QSO occured
what you wrote (you needed to type the exchange twice), after it
accepted first time.

Hope this helped.

73, Ervin
HA2OS

On 05/04/2018 05:53 PM, Ervin Hegedüs wrote:

> Hi Koos,
>
> On Fri, May 04, 2018 at 11:12:14AM +0200, Koos van den Hout PE4KH wrote:
>>
>> Next weekend is the ARI DX contest
>> http://www.ari.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5167%3Aari-international-dx-contest-2018&catid=250%3Aari-international&Itemid=270&lang=en
>
> [...]
>
>> # all forms of italy
>> MULT_LIST=arimults
>> COUNTRYLIST=It:I,IS0,IT9
>> EXCLUDE_MULTILIST=COUNTRYLIST
>
> the EXCLUDE_MULTILIST will exclude the argument list from
> multipliers, don't use it.

My best guess is that it matches the ari-dx rule 'italy does not count
as a country multiplier'.

>> #SECTION_MULT
>> DX_&_SECTIONS
>
> after a quick look, I'm afraid the DX_&_SECTIONS is a right
> choose, but it works only in some special cases, eg. you're from
> W/VE country. Sorry.

Ok, I'm not good enough at C programming to get that fixed.

My current go at rules/ari_dx has

MULT_LIST=arimults
DX_&_SECTIONS
WYSIWYG_MULTIBAND

and the effect is that the multipliers are way too high. Points are
counted correctly with the earlier shown rules for points.

To just get the log right and not get confused by the multipliers I am
also testing with RULES=contest.

> Anyway, I've tested your config, and only the first QSO occured
> what you wrote (you needed to type the exchange twice), after it
> accepted first time.

I found that setting CTCOMPATIBLE made the problem go away for me. So
this is also a thing with me being new to tlf.

Koos

--
Amateur station PE4KH
http://pe4kh.idefix.net/