Typo in Enigma manpages

Alexandros Tasos
Hi all,
I found in the Enigma manpages a flag --showfps, which is supposed to view the fps during play. However, invoking the command "enigma --showfps", I find out that this flag does not exist any more. Should we remove that flag from the manpage, so that it does not mislead anyone?

Greets,
Alexandros

Re: Typo in Enigma manpages

Raoul-3
Hi *,

> I found in the Enigma manpages a flag --showfps, which is supposed to
> view the fps during play. However, invoking the command "enigma
> --showfps", I find out that this flag does not exist any more. Should
> we remove that flag from the manpage, so that it does not mislead
> anyone?

Sure it does exist. Just tested it with svn head.
For me ît works with:
./enigma --showfps

I don't know why it does not work for you ...

-- Raoul

Re: Typo in Enigma manpages

Andreas Lochmann

Hi,

--showfps didn't exist in 1.01, but will be part of 1.1.
A correction just to revert it later doesn't seem sensible to me?
(No idea why your man-page is ahead of your Enigma-version?)

Greets,
Andreas

Raoul schrieb:

> Hi *,
>
>> I found in the Enigma manpages a flag --showfps, which is supposed to
>> view the fps during play. However, invoking the command "enigma
>> --showfps", I find out that this flag does not exist any more. Should
>> we remove that flag from the manpage, so that it does not mislead
>> anyone?
>
> Sure it does exist. Just tested it with svn head.
> For me ît works with:
> ./enigma --showfps
>
> I don't know why it does not work for you ...
>

> -- Raoul

Re: Typo in Enigma manpages

Raoul-3
Hi,

> --showfps didn't exist in 1.01, but will be part of 1.1.

Ah, I didn't remember that.

> No idea why your man-page is ahead of your Enigma-version?

Maybe the man page is ahead of time generaly. I don't know
when I did improve the manpage, but at that time, I included
all (future) flags. Maybe this was before 1.01.

-- Raoul

Re: Typo in Enigma manpages

Ronald Lamprecht
Hi,

Raoul schrieb:
>> --showfps didn't exist in 1.01, but will be part of 1.1.
>
> Ah, I didn't remember that.
>
>> No idea why your man-page is ahead of your Enigma-version?
>
> Maybe the man page is ahead of time generaly. I don't know
> when I did improve the manpage, but at that time, I included
> all (future) flags. Maybe this was before 1.01.

I added the --showfps feature on the 1.10 development branch directly
after the 1.00 release. The feature proofed to be useful on profiling
Enigma and helped me increasing its performance. Being part of this 1.10
   goal, I did not merge this feature to the 1.01 branch. But the man
page update got obviously merged together with the bug fixes and level
additions and has thus been released with 1.01 ;-)

Greets,

Ronald