Unable to play midi file

Thunk Monkey
I am using the FluidSynth API on Windows with the general user sound font, and it has worked well for the most part, but there is one midi file it cannot play. I have no problems playing this with the Windows media player. I have attached the file. Is there something that makes it not compatible with FluidSynth?

Thanks!

test.mid (11K) Download Attachment

Re: Unable to play midi file

Reinhold Hoffmann

Hi,

I checked the midi file with our software from www.notation.com which uses the fluidsynth libs on Windows, too. All works perfect. Please try yourself using our free notation player from here

https://www.notation.com/DownloadNotationPlayer.php

Best regards,

Reinhold

Re: Unable to play midi file

fluid-dev mailing list
I haven't made a detailed analysis, but it seems that one of the
tracks in that MIDI file you provided specifies an incorrect byte
length. Fluidsynth recognizes this "buffer overflow" and cancels
parsing the file. Here's a more verbose console output, which is
currently only visible in debug builds, unfortunately:

fluidsynth: debug: \src\midi\fluid_midi.c: 1900: Loading midifile test.mid
fluidsynth: debug: File load: Allocating 8724 bytes
fluidsynth: debug: Division=480
fluidsynth: debug: tempo=500000, tick time=1.041667 msec, cur time=0
msec, cur tick=0
fluidsynth: debug: signature=4/4, metronome=24, 32nd-notes=8
fluidsynth: debug: \src\midi\fluid_midi.c: 747: alloc metadata, len = 813
fluidsynth: debug: \src\midi\fluid_midi.c: 941: free metadata
track overrun: 1696 > 1695
fluidsynth: debug: Could not read the requested number of bytes

Tom