Unable to stablish a Hierarchy

Oscar Segarra
Hi,

In my environment I want to be sure the gluster volumes are started up and published through NFS.

glusterd service (must be up) <-- If down, monit has to restart it

glusterfsd service (must be up) <-- If down, monit has to restart it (but it has to wait a while for glusterd to be started + 10 seconds)

nfs-ganesha service (must be up) <-- If down, monit has to restart it (but it has to wait a while for glusterfsd to be started + 10 seconds)

showmount -e localhost | grep nfs-vdic-mgmt-vm (check if nfs-volume is being exported) <-- If returncode!=0 it has to restart service nfs-ganesha + 20 seconds

showmount -e localhost | grep nfs-vdic-images (check if nfs-volume is being exported) <-- If returncode!=0 it has to restart service nfs-ganesha + 40 seconds

In my environment, I have realized that monit is trying to restart nfs-ganesha 3 times simultaneously. I'd like to introduce a kind of "wait" and a dependency.

Is it possible to achieve this with monit?

Thanks a lot.

Re: Unable to stablish a Hierarchy

martinp@tildeslash.com
Hi,

you can use the "depends on" option to create the dependency tree (at minimum Monit release 5.15.0 is needed to make Monit wait for the pre-requisite services).

Best regards,
Martin

On 2 Feb 2017, at 20:17, Oscar Segarra <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I have tried this feature, "depends on" but after restarting nfs-ganesha service it takes some time to the service to export nfs volumes.

As showmount -e localhost | grep nfs-vdic-mgmt-vm

Does not return volumes, it restarts again the service... and the story never ends...

I'd like to create a hierarchy and add instruct monit to wait 10 seconds after the first service is restarted before monitoring the dependent services...

Thanks a lot.

[...]

Anybody knows how to resolve my issue?

Thanks a lot.