Usage of Linphone

Jorge dclagro

Hi there!

I´m having trouble to understand how linphone Works. I tried reading the site a couple of times, but I still don’t understand.

It is free? It is for all the world? Can I use it to talk to another country?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jorge Elias

DCL Agro Empreendimentos LTDA

Re: Usage of Linphone

Peio Rigaux

Hello.

Can you please link me the articles you didn't understand on the website ?

We could eventually improve them.

Linphone is free to use (free as in free beer).

When you create a Linphone account, you are using our free SIP service (our servers).

Everyone in the world can create a Linphone account for free, and do secure audio/video calls as well as group chat.

However, our free sip service can't call normal phones out of the box.
If you need it, you can find another SIP provider which offers a PSTN gateway (this is the tool needed to call normal phones).

You could then log in to Linphone with a SIP account of this external provider.

What is your use case ? Do you want just to use the applications or to distribute it ?

Regards,

Peio Rigaux
Junior Software Engineer
Linphone.org

Le 10/09/2020 à 15:56, Jorge dclagro a écrit :

Hi there!

I´m having trouble to understand how linphone Works. I tried reading the site a couple of times, but I still don’t understand.

It is free? It is for all the world? Can I use it to talk to another country?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jorge Elias

DCL Agro Empreendimentos LTDA

0x99D28356FED78143.asc (3K) Download Attachment