Using parameters like --include-globbing-filelist doesn't appear to work when using on Windows

Using parameters like --include-globbing-filelist doesn't appear to work when using on Windows

Doug Campbell
Hi,

I recently began using rdiff-backup and have been successful in automating
backups of my Xserve to my Linux server.  I also have backups working
somewhat successfully from my Windows 2000 Server to my Linux server.

Currently on my Windows 2000 server, I have installed the "Windows" version
packaged by Solutions First and I am using the rdiff-backup.bat file
contained in that package.

If I do something like this:

rdiff-backup.bat d:/Source [hidden email]::/backup/win2k

Everything works fine.

But I want to back up more than one directory on the D: drive and so I would
like to do something like:

rdiff-backup.bat --include-globbing-filelist=backup_list.txt --exclude d:/
d:/ [hidden email]::/backup/win2k

Backup_list.txt contains

D:\sourcedir1
D:\sourcedir2

No matter what I try (changing \ to / and such in both the command line and
the backup_list.txt file) the best result I get is that the win2k directory
is created on the Linux server and an rdiff-backup... directory is created
under it.

Does this include and exclude functionality not work if you are on a Windows
machine?

Any insights as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Doug

Re: Using parameters like --include-globbing-filelist doesn't appear to work when using on Windows

Maarten Bezemer
Hi,

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Doug Campbell wrote:

> rdiff-backup.bat --include-globbing-filelist=backup_list.txt --exclude d:/
> d:/ [hidden email]::/backup/win2k
>
> Backup_list.txt contains
>
> D:\sourcedir1
> D:\sourcedir2

Did you try adding
-D:/
to the include file list, instead of an extra --exclude on the command
line?

HTH,
 Maarten.

RE: Using parameters like --include-globbing-filelist doesn't appear to work when using on Windows

Doug Campbell
Thanks Maarten,  I will give that a try.  Also, another person wrote back
and send the include / exclude files needed to have unix line endings so I
will try that as well.

Doug