Using rdiff 1.2.6 seeing bunch of 12345.test files

Using rdiff 1.2.6 seeing bunch of 12345.test files

Robert Yoon
What are these files and how can i avoid them.  They are causing my root
and /tmp partitions to fill up.

Re: Using rdiff 1.2.6 seeing bunch of 12345.test files

Ben Escoto

> What are these files and how can i avoid them.  They are causing my root
> and /tmp partitions to fill up.

They should only show up when there is some kind of error.  Make sure
rdiff-backup completes successfully, and check your error_log files.

--
Ben Escoto

Re: Using rdiff 1.2.6 seeing bunch of 12345.test files

Robert Yoon
What do you mean by some kind of error?   One thing I was thinking might
cause this is either swapping or too many silmultaneous jobs running.
What logs should i be checking my backup script logs or my system logs?

Ben Escoto wrote:

>>What are these files and how can i avoid them.  They are causing my root
>>and /tmp partitions to fill up.
>>

>They should only show up when there is some kind of error.  Make sure
>rdiff-backup completes successfully, and check your error_log files.

Re: Using rdiff 1.2.6 seeing bunch of 12345.test files

Ben Escoto
> What do you mean by some kind of error?   One thing I was thinking might
> cause this is either swapping or too many silmultaneous jobs running.
> What logs should i be checking my backup script logs or my system logs?

Hmm, I just read your title more carefully and have three comments.
First, there is no rdiff-backup 1.2.6.  Second, the tmp files
rdiff-backup creates aren't called 12345.test.  Third, rdiff-backup
writes temp files into the backup repository, so it can move them into
place.  It doesn't write temp files to the /tmp directory unless it's
restoring.

So are you sure rdiff-backup is making these files?

--
Ben Escoto