WOFF for dv.wikipedia

Mark A. Hershberger
The editors on dvwiki are looking for a webfont that they can use.[1]
After some discussion and searching, I came across the FreeFont project
and found that it has acceptable glyphs and an acceptable license.[2]

The problem, though, is that the WOFF files are too big for Wikipedia to
distribute.[3]

Would it be possible for someone on this list to work with Wikimedia's
i18n team to create a WOFF file that contains only the glyphs needed for
dvwiki?

--
http://hexmode.com/

There is no path to peace. Peace is the path.
   -- Mahatma Gandhi, "Non-Violence in Peace and War"

[1] https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/42812
[2] http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2013-February/066529.html
[3] http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2013-February/066531.html

Re: WOFF for dv.wikipedia

Steve White-12
Hi Mark,

Yes we could do that.  Write to me off-line.

By the way, one thing on the big To Do list has been a subsetting tool.

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Mark A. Hershberger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The editors on dvwiki are looking for a webfont that they can use.[1]
> After some discussion and searching, I came across the FreeFont project
> and found that it has acceptable glyphs and an acceptable license.[2]
>
> The problem, though, is that the WOFF files are too big for Wikipedia to
> distribute.[3]
>
> Would it be possible for someone on this list to work with Wikimedia's
> i18n team to create a WOFF file that contains only the glyphs needed for
> dvwiki?
>
> --
> http://hexmode.com/
>
> There is no path to peace. Peace is the path.
>    -- Mahatma Gandhi, "Non-Violence in Peace and War"
>

> [1] https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/42812
> [2] http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2013-February/066529.html
> [3] http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2013-February/066531.html

Re: WOFF for dv.wikipedia

Steve White-12
Hi Mark,

Yes we could do that.  Write to me off-line.

By the way, one thing on the big To Do list has been a subsetting tool.

(Sorry for the multiple replies--I'm being gmail-challenged today.)