Web

Juliette Combret
Hi, is it possible to launch a video call from a web page, without downloading the Linphone app ? As with Jitsi ?

Thanks

Re: Web

Greg Troxel

I would suggest understanding the difference between a protocol and a
program that implements a protocol.  Unfortunately the modern trend is
to blur these concepts, and have a singleton program implementing a
protocol which is not explicitly named.  Jitsi Meet (which I think you
mean to refer to when you say Jitsi) is an example of this.

Linphone implements SIP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_Initiation_Protocol

There are also implementations of SIP which can run within a web
browser, using WebRTC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebRTC