Why has the language reference been removed?

Why has the language reference been removed?

Cleverson Casarin Uliana
Hi all, I notice that the document called The R5RS standard.html isn't
any longer available in Chicken 5, as well as other documentation. Those
documents are very valuable as quick references, especially for
beginners. Can I use such Chicken 4 docs as learning references even
though I'm on Chicken 5?

Greetings,
Cleverson

Re: Why has the language reference been removed?

Kristian Lein-Mathisen

Hi Cleverson,

Oh your're right - I didn't realize there is no http://wiki.call-cc.org/man/4/The%20R5RS%20standard equivalent for C5. The core team can probably clarify why this is (moving towards R7RS?).

Meanwhile, maybe http://api.call-cc.org/5/doc/scheme can help you?

K.

Cleverson

Re: Why has the language reference been removed?

Cleverson Casarin Uliana
Thank you Kristian, so it's still online.

Greetings
Cleverson

Re: Why has the language reference been removed?

Peter Bex
On Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 07:59:09PM +0100, Kristian Lein-Mathisen wrote:
> Hi Cleverson,
>
> Oh your're right - I didn't realize there is no
> http://wiki.call-cc.org/man/4/The%20R5RS%20standard equivalent for C5. The
> core team can probably clarify why this is (moving towards R7RS?).

The reason is that we wanted to make it clearer in which module each
identifier occurs (also for the sake of chickadee).

> Meanwhile, maybe http://api.call-cc.org/5/doc/scheme can help you?

This is basically where we moved all the stuff from the old R5RS page.

Cheers,
Peter