Windows client

Alessandro Coluccelli
Hi,
I'd like to install NuFW for user based authentication and logging of
network activities (due to our university's security policy). However,
what prevents me to do that right now is the need for a Windows client.
Looking at the NuFW site, it seems the only available Windows client is
non-free. Is there any free or open-source implementation of the Windows
client? Or is someone planning to develop such a client in the near future?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Alessandro

--
Alessandro Coluccelli

Re: Windows client

Eric Leblond-3
Hello,

First of all, thanks to your interest in NuFW !

On Friday, 2008 July 11 at 17:29:50 +0200, Alessandro Coluccelli wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to install NuFW for user based authentication and logging of
> network activities (due to our university's security policy). However,
> what prevents me to do that right now is the need for a Windows client.
> Looking at the NuFW site, it seems the only available Windows client is
> non-free. Is there any free or open-source implementation of the Windows
> client?

There is none I've heard about.

> Or is someone planning to develop such a client in the near
> future?

I don't think ; nobody has announced that they start such a work.

BR,
--
Eric Leblond <[hidden email]>
NuFW: http://www.nufw.org/

Re: Windows client

Johann Spies
On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 12:41:34AM +0200, Eric Leblond wrote:
> > non-free. Is there any free or open-source implementation of the Windows
> > client?
>
> There is none I've heard about.
>
> > Or is someone planning to develop such a client in the near
> > future?
>
> I don't think ; nobody has announced that they start such a work.

Is there a way to let users authenticate using a web-based connection
(https)?

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "I have been young, and now am old; yet I have not seen
      the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging
      bread."
                                  Psalms 37:25